The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Been posting in UDBB since 2007 and yeah, a few know their stuff but its the ones that seem to be out riding and not just posting online... you know the ones that usually write the most looking down at us from their pedistal of Proper Dressage Riding (PDR)perhaps have not dealt with a real life horse in years... My horse does not magically go on the bit, heaven forbid.
    Yes, I can get mad about it as it breaks down communication and I don't bother to read the training forum anymore. It used to be a great place of actual learning. Now its just full of opinionated barn biddies and everything dissolves into a "why thats not right" trainwreck.
    and gallopp/yoda, love her, really do.... but half the time I don't understand her posts I think its a method better illustrated in video and not the written word.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SendenHorse View Post
    and gallopp/yoda, love her, really do.... but half the time I don't understand her posts I think its a method better illustrated in video and not the written word.
    I just have to laugh at this, because I feel the same way It is so ethereal and way-out-there. If you talk to a trainer who is out riding and showing and training, they just don't communicate that way.

(based on several other posts here):
    Having said that - I don't think COTH is all perfect either. I gave up on the COTH Breeding Forum because it was often too exclusive and divisive. If you aren't part of the BF club, and you don't import and breed according to the club guidelines, you are dirt. Many people left that forum after being beat up on over and over. TOBB is more open minded when it comes to non-Warmblood non-Euro sport horse breeding.

Rules are rules, and I guarantee both forums (Moderators) apply the rules more stringently upon some then others.

And one thing I do appreciate about TOBB - you can't open 20 different "alter egos" - I've seen that happen on COTH, where a couple of people keep opening new accounts and gang up on others.

Having said that - the whole "RK is the end of the world" and "Classical is the only dressage that counts" and "No one rides/trains as well as the ODGs" attitude on TOBB gets old. Move on, evolve, the world is changing, like it or not That does include dressage - the tack, the horses, the riding.

Many people are on both BBs - more then really want to admit it.
    Last edited by MysticOakRanch; Dec. 16, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Oh, no I never said COTH was perfect- but moderation really matters!

1 members found this post helpful.

Specifics are very important, and in person TIMING of an aid is everything. I stand on my head to try to impart those things irl. That said training has to be based upon clear theory as well. If there is a question, ask it. Read the classics as well. Then play with the many details/timing/solidify equitation. All recommendations are only based upon the top proffies and odgs I rode with, and years of training horses (often plain brown wrappers). And funny enough the rules/guidelines have not changed very much, but the adherence to them (as Victor Hugo-Vidal said at a judges forum) is has morphed.
    I.D.E.A. yoda

All recommendations are only based upon the top proffies and odgs I rode with, and years of training horses (often plain brown wrappers).
    Perhaps it would help with your explanations if you shared some videos of you riding and training ?

5 members found this post helpful.

Perhaps sometime I will bother to convert some of them, or bother with a web site. Meanwhile, I just try to pass on the methods/timing/etc which I know works with all types of horses and focused riders.

Meanwhile, use the information you find meaningful, or ignore it as you wish.
    I.D.E.A. yoda