The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 106
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct. 13, 2006
    Posts
    3,505

    Default

    omgosh Clanter cute enough for a hallmark!
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/



  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun. 1, 2002
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11,178

    Default

    For those long term members that still can't log in, have you bothered to contact the BB owner?

    msusol@ultimatecreativemedia.com



  3. #63
    Join Date
    May. 7, 2004
    Posts
    299

    Default

    No. Why should I? In my case it's not "can't log in"- I have worked in software tech support/QA for years so I know I can if I expended the effort. But there are only like 10 posters there any more and it's a pain to log in, so why bother?


    4 members found this post helpful.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    agree with Ms Cat; then again I am nothing more than drama queen... so take it for what its worth


    3 members found this post helpful.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May. 7, 2004
    Posts
    299

    Default

    You are many things, clanter. Some I agree with and some I don't. But I have never seen you be a drama queen.

    And to keep this horse related, please post a picture of some of your progeny and their horse. Or a mini in a bucket.



  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scruffy the cat View Post
    a mini in a bucket.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...CAFUG73D-1.jpg

    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...inbucket11.jpg

    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...inbucket21.jpg

    and no she was not harmed; had to take bolt cutters to remove the bucket handle

    and we never could figure out how she got into the bucket


    2 members found this post helpful.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb. 23, 2005
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    13,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...CAFUG73D-1.jpg

    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...inbucket11.jpg

    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...inbucket21.jpg

    and no she was not harmed; had to take bolt cutters to remove the bucket handle

    and we never could figure out how she got into the bucket
    And how is Foxy?
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.



  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul. 8, 2006
    Posts
    31

    Default

    I have always love those photos of the mini-in-a-bucket.

    Carol, I'll let Clanter answer, but as of recently, she was still with us. She's not a spring chicken anymore, but if I were a horse that lived at Clanter's place, I wouldn't be in a hurry to check out!

    And Scruffy, I so agree with you. I found it an impossibly rude thing to say.



  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16

    Default

    It seems that if you post anything about Real riders who are actually NOT Amazingly talented with Super Horse capable of 70% at CDIs....

    and dare to post video or offer help you are stomped on by 'The Angry One' who apparently has been left in Charge

    Read the current UDBB post on sending in videos on 'LY to lengthening'



  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan. 22, 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Norton View Post
    It seems that if you post anything about Real riders who are actually NOT Amazingly talented with Super Horse capable of 70% at CDIs....

    and dare to post video or offer help you are stomped on by 'The Angry One' who apparently has been left in Charge

    Read the current UDBB post on sending in videos on 'LY to lengthening'
    sorry free lessons thread - oops
    thanks for the headups



  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar. 16, 2011
    Posts
    558

    Default

    AN-- my favorite example of that is in this thread about auditing clinics. I didn't know someone could get so worked up about that subject.

    It's different over there, that's for sure.



  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2011
    Posts
    1,197

    Default

    different, and not in a good way.



  13. #73
    Join Date
    Feb. 23, 2005
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    13,220

    Default

    IMHO the UDBB brings out the worst in people. People know they can pretty much post whatever nastiness they want with impunity and some of them do.
    I left a few years ago, haven't missed it and rarely go back to look
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.



  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    IMHO the UDBB brings out the worst in people. People know they can pretty much post whatever nastiness they want with impunity and some of them do.
    I left a few years ago, haven't missed it and rarely go back to look
    Carol, you and I we go back all the way to the U of L; I did miss your posts when you were driven away form UDBB... the fact that you and other posters that were subjected to hell... and when this flash in the night change password event took place and I could not log on or easily contact the moderator... well it just got me to question why I was there and was the effort worth it.

    As for the Foxie horse, she is doing well… survived the episode of founder without any rotation (we had twelve year old x-rays to compare to the new ones…zero change in bone placement) … she was out in the field with the Mulligan horse who popped her in the shoulder with a hoof ; the hit damaged the nerves in her right shoulder and she has lost full use of the leg… remember Chester from Gun Smoke, well that’s Foxie now.



  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2012
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Norton View Post
    sorry free lessons thread - oops
    thanks for the headups
    Oh dear you made me go look and now the free lesson thing has been called 'advertising"?? by his weirdness.

    How is it any different from what Jane Savoie has been doing for yrs on these boards to promote her non free services?

    Fine but how about applying the same rules to everyone?

    nutty


    2 members found this post helpful.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Feb. 23, 2005
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    13,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    Oh dear you made me go look and now the free lesson thing has been called 'advertising"?? by his weirdness.

    How is it any different from what Jane Savoie has been doing for yrs on these boards to promote her non free services?

    Fine but how about applying the same rules to everyone?

    nutty
    You might be surprised what goes "poof" here on COTH. Equine Repro started a thread about a stallion she had in her care, one who was not even standing at public stud. It was deleted. I posted a thread about a new broodmare I had been given and it was also deleted. I just posted about putting that broodmare down....that was allowed
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.



  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    4,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    I posted a thread about a new broodmare I had been given and it was also deleted. I just posted about putting that broodmare down....that was allowed
    yet there are un-ending threads about what great buys are at such and such tack supply ...selective enforcement...but it is their boards (UDBB & COTH) and they may select what may be posted



  18. #78
    Join Date
    Feb. 23, 2005
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    13,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    yet there are un-ending threads about what great buys are at such and such tack supply ...selective enforcement...but it is their boards (UDBB & COTH) and they may select what may be posted
    Yup, just wished it made sense
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Mar. 24, 2012
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    yeah, really, smartpak advertises here by posting polls. What sort of bra do you want,etc. pretty obvious advertising but OK with mods.

    The free lesson thing with susan jacoma may be a promotion indirectly but is not as balatant as what others like Jane savoie have posted freely with no problems on both boards.

    For that matter , if free lessons are advertising , then advice offered for free by any of the resident experts( gallop/ideayoda, kasssette,etc could also be considered advertising for business.

    Same rules for all would be fair.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Feb. 23, 2005
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    13,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    yeah, really, smartpak advertises here by posting polls. What sort of bra do you want,etc. pretty obvious advertising but OK with mods.

    The free lesson thing with susan jacoma may be a promotion indirectly but is not as balatant as what others like Jane savoie have posted freely with no problems on both boards.

    For that matter , if free lessons are advertising , then advice offered for free by any of the resident experts( gallop/ideayoda, kasssette,etc could also be considered advertising for business.

    Same rules for all would be fair.
    Talk about advertizing, check out the Sport Horse Breeding forum.

    FWIW the video of Jane's +7+1 I posted on another thread is free, as are many of hers. Here's another free set http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...8&feature=plcp
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.


    1 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. UDBB?
    By Sabovee in forum Dressage
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Jul. 17, 2008, 08:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness