The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bogey2 View Post
    Damn Clanter, now there are less of us conservatives there! I can't get on from my computer and did all the suggested fixes. For some reason I can from the ipad.

oops, now I will be called a drama queen...oh well!
    Yes, you too shall be known as a drama queen, oh well there are worse things

I saw the post about Clanter being a drama queen and that angered me. Most of the people I like from UDBB I am friends with on Facebook so I don't necessarily go to UDBB anymore.
    But Clanter, he is someone I would like to be friends with.

4 members found this post helpful.

So, please, do tell me how do we stay within the rules here and act as if we are in the Observation Lounge?
    For example, Clanter, where do I find twin updates and photos?

Chance, you were posting the same time I was - I had smoke coming out of my ears when I read that. For the first time I intentionally taunted Mark with a reply, but I guess I was too subtle.

"Wow. Clanter's a drama queen. Who knew."

Admittedly, that is mild, but it doesn't seem to take much these days.

2 members found this post helpful.

So, please, do tell me how do we stay within the rules here and act as if we are in the Observation Lounge?

When in Rome... don't ask how can we make Rome into
    Alburquerque?

I am not trying to make Rome into Albequerque. I am also trying not to get annoyed at the two most recent responses.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I no longer have horses, nor do I ride. I still enjoy talking about and reading about horses. There are also a lot of people from UDBB that I enjoy. If they are no longer participating in UDBB, and if I am no longer participating in UDBB, and if they are participating here, to me, it seems to make sense for me to come here.

I am trying to respect the rules here, as well as the fact that this is Albuquerque, not Rome. So, therefore, in my opinion, I am not asking how to create the Observation Lounge here.

I have taken casual strolls over here occasionally, and have usually walked away not enjoying the tone over here. Without a doubt, things can get pretty nasty over at UDBB. I am coming here trying to have an open mind - thinking that probably I just have to get used to a different way of expressing friendliness and unfriendliness than I am used to - just as each new friend in life has different good and not-so-good qualities.

And without a doubt, no one here will miss a thing if I decide that this is also not a place I wish to be.

Now, if anyone has any feedback offered in the (to me obvious) spirit of my original question, I would be glad to hear it.

3 members found this post helpful.

Aww M&M, it is really a different environment over here and not nearly as chatty.
    You learn who you need to put on the foe's list and it's not too bad.

Well, thank GOODNESS Crockpot told us it was supposed to be funny....because it wasn't obvious. It's the whole joke loses something in the translation problem

1 members found this post helpful.

If you are looking for the CotH answer to the UDBB Observation Lounge, you aren't going to find it. Here, the talk is about horses and horse related issues 24/7 EXCEPT for Off Meds...er, I mean Off Topic days. Then you can talk about anything you like.
    NJR
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

8 members found this post helpful.

Too bad. I for one will miss the observations and perspectives of you all.

And for what it's worth, more than once in the past I have taken a vacation from this board due to nasty replies and attitudes..... that's life on the 'net, I guess.

L

If this board had an Observation lounge I think it would kill off the udbb. The OL is the only reason I pass thru there. The other topics are handled much better here. I would LOVE an OL here on COTH and I could forget I'd ever heard of the UDBB.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatella View Post
    If this board had an Observation lounge I think it would kill off the udbb. The OL is the only reason I pass thru there. The other topics are handled much better here. I would LOVE an OL here on COTH and I could forget I'd ever heard of the UDBB.
    What this board fails to understand, for those that have had horses in their life forever, everything revolves around the horse. Simple everyday tasks are done with the thought of getting it done so that you can have time with your horse(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by m&m View Post
    I am not trying to make Rome into Albequerque. I am also trying not to get annoyed at the two most recent responses.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I no longer have horses, nor do I ride. I still enjoy talking about and reading about horses. There are also a lot of people from UDBB that I enjoy. If they are no longer participating in UDBB, and if I am no longer participating in UDBB, and if they are participating here, to me, it seems to make sense for me to come here.

I am trying to respect the rules here, as well as the fact that this is Albuquerque, not Rome. So, therefore, in my opinion, I am not asking how to create the Observation Lounge here.

I have taken casual strolls over here occasionally, and have usually walked away not enjoying the tone over here. Without a doubt, things can get pretty nasty over at UDBB. I am coming here trying to have an open mind - thinking that probably I just have to get used to a different way of expressing friendliness and unfriendliness than I am used to - just as each new friend in life has different good and not-so-good qualities.

And without a doubt, no one here will miss a thing if I decide that this is also not a place I wish to be.

Now, if anyone has any feedback offered in the (to me obvious) spirit of my original question, I would be glad to hear it.
    FWIW, when i first got the boot from UDBB i didnt like it here either. but you get used to the different tone and you put folks on ignore, stand your ground and it's all good.

as long as what you post is horse related then it's all good. i don't think i have posted on off topic day as i see no need. horses are my life so pretty much everything i do is horse related

I will definitely miss clanter and updates on the twins. Just love seeing pictures of them and their ponies. Hopefully he'll post some here on the off topic days.

Photos of twins with ponies?

That is horse related so he does not have to wait for Off topic day.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    Photos of twins with ponies?

That is horse related so he does not have to wait for Off topic day.

here the twins, Kristin is on one side and Camryn is on the other side, they are with our rescued Thoroughbred mare...they even have horsey shirts on... the mare has a brith defect... left front knee is nearly fused... I would have really liked to see just how fast she could have been with four legs as it is she goofy but sweet and very fast
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...IMG_1268-1.jpg

4 members found this post helpful.

Clanter, they are still cuter than is possible. Have you had the rescue mare long?

Ah bummer Clanter..........and you know I still have the perfect sport pony filly who could grow up with those two cute gals and make stories and legends to follow in a well known morgan's footsteps So many good eggs have left UDBB already truly makes it less attractive to visit.
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

Quote Originally Posted by m&m View Post
    Clanter, they are still cuter than is possible. Have you had the rescue mare long?
    six years

If you guys want a no hassle BB come to my board, It has been around for years, Just pretty dormant now, but I have no rules, will build whatever forums are needed and every day is off topic day! See my link below!
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    six years
    Where have I been?????