The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I tried registering for this BB over 10 months ago (January 11th to be exact) and have never been approved. There's no way in hell I'm paying to use that site. That's just insane.

6 members found this post helpful.

Krazy, I changed my PW and was able to log in, but now I log in, says I'm logged in, then reverts to not logged in...

It goes like this- every few months.

Goodbye ingrates, I'm pulling the plug

OH no, grovel grovel, please don't go.

Well maybe so long as you start sending more money but ...but... I can pull the plug on you anytime without warning no matter how much money you have pd me and don't bother to complain about anything.

er... yeah... yuck.

15 members found this post helpful.

For someone who has sworn off the UDBB you seem awful interested in talking about it!

If you are using IE, like I said before, clear out all your cookies etc, open a new window, and then log in.

2 members found this post helpful.

try leaving a note on their facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    HAHA. Hey, if you want to have a thread about the UDBB on Coth, sorry but you can't control the course of it and insist on a love in .
    I did notice at the bottom of this thread is a link to other threads regarding UDBB that go back to 2008, so I guess this board approves as it has maintained a data base regarding what you have determined to be less than desirable

As for me I cannot log on, so just moved on

Quote Originally Posted by clanter View Post
    I cannot log on, so just moved on
    Hi clanter! I thought I was going to have to join you over here! I had to change my PW and when I went to log in today I couldn't get on either. Came over here to see if anyone posted the PW protocol. I was using my correct new PW, but still couldn't get on. Finally as a last ditch try, I used a capital P on my user name and that worked! Maybe you should try that too, since your user name is also all lower case. Try logging on as Clanter, with a capital C.

Many people are having the same problem. The TOB kicked me out for about 5 days starting on election day. I was totally bummed. It wouldn't accept the password that I knew I could remember and then one day it did and I'm back on (for now). Try clearing the cookies, browser history.

Wow Im sorry to kick up so much aggression by my original post. I just didnt know how else to reach anyone to get my problem resolved. Im not involved with any board politics so it didnt even occur to me. Mark is who he is, I don't always agree with his point of view, but so what? I enjoy both boards, but I sure have a new perspective now.

Tried to log in and now it says I have to pay 12.95 - anyone else get this

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crockpot View Post
    It goes like this- every few months.

Goodbye ingrates, I'm pulling the plug

OH no, grovel grovel, please don't go.

Well maybe so long as you start sending more money but ...but... I can pull the plug on you anytime without warning no matter how much money you have pd me and don't bother to complain about anything.

er... yeah... yuck.
    So funny and so true!!!! Even more funny are the loving and adoring Mark groupies....life would be so empty without UDBB....gag!!!!!

7 members found this post helpful.

I too had a lot of trouble and then reset my PW and was good for a while then not.

Made me think I had the wrong PW memorized and I now face the fee

I give up. I was an original member and even back in the days of the old USDF BB and the first breakaway board .

I am not a big player but do browse. I comment on issues I feel I can contribute to, usually issues of cat health care and issues involving the rules of the road in showing.

Oh well what ever issue is going on, I cannot let myself care too much about it.
    Last edited by hoopoe; Nov. 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM.
    _\\\\]
    -- * > hoopoe

www.meanderingwa.blogspot.com

All I had to do was change my password, clear my cookies, and log in. You don't have to pay a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    All I had to do was change my password, clear my cookies, and log in. You don't have to pay a fee.
    Exactly the same for me. No request to pay a fee.

I can't log in either. I have 2 jobs and a sick kid and can't fool around with password protection that's more stringent than my bank. Moving on but missing some nice people and want to wish them well.

All you have to do is change to a new password that includes one capital letter and one number. You may use "Password1" for crying out loud.

If you are using IE there is a glitch with the website so you will need to clear out your cookies and then sign in. After that you can stay signed in for up to 180 days and then you will need to refresh your password. The BB owner is working on fixing this issue.

You do not have to pay a fee.

The instructions have been given on this BB and on UDBB.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    All you have to do is change to a new password that includes one capital letter and one number. You may use "Password1" for crying out loud.
    That simple fix did not work for me as my email address was old, the channge of the email address mandated a fee.

I could not revert the email address to the old this was lost in a never-never land of not being able even contact anyone to say I was having an issue.

After thinkng about paying a fee to just to being continually told I am a racist, a right wing idiot, a person who doesn't care about people and the list goes on....I lived this once as a returning Vietnam veteran being told the same by the same people;

I just did not think the fee was worth the cost

8 members found this post helpful.

Oh, Clanter I had to search for you. Here you are. I didn't know anyone was mean to you on the UDBB. I don't think any of those things about you. Someone on the UDBB said you were posting here and on that same post people are talking about how much they miss you and are going to miss seeing pictures of the twins at Christmas. I had to change my browser to Firefox to be able to log on again. Would you come back? Could I contact Mark for you?

Well, I just came over here after reading Mark's comment that Clanter is a drama queen. Excuse me???????????????????? And, Clanter, I never knew you were racist - are you? I have considered UDBB a lovely place to hang out, most of the time. (Of course, I do avoid the Politicial Forum) But wow -that was really rude.

On UDBB, I have spent all my time in the Observation Lounge, since I no longer have horses or ride. How does that work here? I know technically, it doesn't, unless it is off-topic day. But how does it really work?

Damn Clanter, now there are less of us conservatives there! I can't get on from my computer and did all the suggested fixes. For some reason I can from the ipad.

oops, now I will be called a drama queen...oh well!
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012