The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default One K helmets

Since Tack of the Day is featuring them today and I've heard good things... are any Tiperrary Sportage wearers familiar with their fit? I also have used an Ovation and am blanking on the type right now.

My horse just gave me an unplanned dismount after I didn't quite make it 8 seconds, so I'm in the market for a helmet and a backup helmet, as the backup was destroyed while not in use...
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Have a One K that I LOVE. I don't fit any of the Tiperrary helmets, but the Large one K fits perfectly. It may be a head shape thing, my head is somewhat long and narrow, and the Tip's seem to be short front to back.

I have a One K that I absolutely love! Picked it up after DAD at the end of September as my GPA was hitting its expiration. Much better fit (no weird pressure on my forehead) and being able to wash the liner is the best part - no more nasty stinky helmet to wear day after day!

ETA:
    2 of mom's students also picked up One K's at DAD - one was in a GPA (had had a recent fall) and the other had a CO that was not as comfortable and approaching the expiration, too.

LOVE mine. I had a JR8 in their largest size and it was just a titch TOO snug, it hurt after a long ride. The Ovation schooling helmet I had was also just a tictch too round, not quite oval enough, though I could tolerate it.

The One K is amazing in it's long ovalness. It's the first helmet I've tried on that is well and truly long oval-enough that it doesn't hurt. I wore it Sunday for 4 hours and never once did I think 'that's enough, I gotta take this thing off.' it is a little tiny bit heavier than the JR8, but not enough to really notice.