The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Searching for the right stallion

Hello Cothers! I need the assistance of the World Wide Web and your extensive collective knowledge. I'm looking for a homozygous black warmblood stallion.... No agouti. Dressage type, but I like to see some jumper blood too if I can.... Fresh or frozen. Good bloodlines are important.... Loud recognizable, old or very successful bloodlines. He doesn't have to be tall, but he should have a good body.... Nothing overly modern and narrow. It would be super if he were approved with the GOV, but any of the major European registries will do. Ideas?
    ~~~The first step is admitting you have a problem.~~~
    ~~My name is Wendy, and I'm a horse-a-holic.~~

Freestyle.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Freestyle. Homozygous black, proven in dressage but also talented over fences.
    http://www.dreamscapefarm.com/horsedetail.aspx?id=1
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Freestyle also carries the rabicano gene as I surprisingly found out a few years back when a flashy dk brown colt with a coon-tail popped out! It is a permanent feature of my Florissant.

Fabuleux.
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

I am the owner of the premium German Oldenburg stallion Soprano (Sandro Hit/Contender/Tin Rocco). You may want to consider him for your mare.

Soprano is homozygous for black. He produces modern type offspring with excellent movement, jumping ability, and wonderful character. His pedigree brings a great deal of versatility with Sandro Hit, Contender and Tin Rocco. Please visit my Web site at www.oldecountryfarm.com for detailed information on the accomplishments and talents of Soprano's ancestors.

Soprano has produced horses that have competed at the World Championships for Young Dressage Horses and other major national competitions in Europe. His oldest offspring in North America are now 3 years of age and are already starting to win under saddle and in hand.

The following links will take you to video of two of my young Soprano offspring as well as video of Soprano himself exhibiting his high level of talent for FEI level dressage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiT4XpX5-Oo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DyDaZP2h5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrLJkKZqPWs

If you have any questions or would like additional information on Soprano, please email me at seheut@aol.com. I would love to know more about your mare.
    Alain Seheut
    Olde Country Farm
    www.oldecountryfarm.com

1 members found this post helpful.

Anyone know if Sir Oldenburg is HZ for black?

LOVE that stallion!

Yep. Freestyle. And both of my fillies have three horizontal white stripes across the tops of their tails.

Out of a bay mare bred to Freestyle I got a white colt with four whites and a belly spot. He was almost a paint!
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses

Donarweiss might fit your bill. GP stallion 16h and produces beautiful type and temperment.

Quote Originally Posted by Olde Country Farm View Post
    I am the owner of the premium German Oldenburg stallion Soprano (Sandro Hit/Contender/Tin Rocco). You may want to consider him for your mare.

Soprano is homozygous for black. He produces modern type offspring with excellent movement, jumping ability, and wonderful character. His pedigree brings a great deal of versatility with Sandro Hit, Contender and Tin Rocco. Please visit my Web site at www.oldecountryfarm.com for detailed information on the accomplishments and talents of Soprano's ancestors.

Soprano has produced horses that have competed at the World Championships for Young Dressage Horses and other major national competitions in Europe. His oldest offspring in North America are now 3 years of age and are already starting to win under saddle and in hand.

The following links will take you to video of two of my young Soprano offspring as well as video of Soprano himself exhibiting his high level of talent for FEI level dressage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiT4XpX5-Oo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DyDaZP2h5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrLJkKZqPWs

If you have any questions or would like additional information on Soprano, please email me at seheut@aol.com. I would love to know more about your mare.
    Lovely horse - I've been admiring him for a while!
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Lovely horse - I've been admiring him for a while!

You know what is really funny/weird/sad?

I got a 'bad' post comment from someone for this innocuous post.

A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Fred - WHAT? ????

Ha , more like COTH to ask why breeder has to have BLACK
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    Out of a bay mare bred to Freestyle I got a white colt with four whites and a belly spot. He was almost a paint!
    How can you tell if a white horse has white socks and a belly spot? Isn't it all just white?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    How can you tell if a white horse has white socks and a belly spot? Isn't it all just white?
    Good catch, and not very good proof reading on my part. The colt was black with white socks and a belly spot.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses

Pinto, not Paint.
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    You know what is really funny/weird/sad?

I got a 'bad' post comment from someone for this innocuous post.

Are you kidding? For stating that you admire Soprano? What sillyness!

Heck, I admire him too. So now I will probably get a "bad" rating from that person.

I also admire Freestyle - and not surprised about a bit of chrome slipping through here and there since he does have Furioso II a few generations back.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    Good catch, and not very good proof reading on my part. The colt was black with white socks and a belly spot.
    Ah, that makes more sense! I asked in part because I had a foal born that was bay at the time but clearly going gray at birth. He had four white socks and a blaze but they were impossible to see before he was two as he grayed out.

Quote Originally Posted by sanctuaryfarm View Post
    Donarweiss might fit your bill. GP stallion 16h and produces beautiful type and temperment.
    Ditto. And he should still have some jump too. Loved my foal by him this year...she was very pretty and a nice type. I don't breed for color but it was a nice plus that I wouldn't get ANOTHER chestnut since chestnut with chrome is what I get most of the time. But his great mind is what really drew me to him.

My Donarweiss foal is below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Callisto3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	37213  
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **