The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trying to find story/semi-poem about older person thinking she was quitting horses

I'm pretty sure it was here on COTH sometime in the last few years where I read a lovely story/semi-poem about an older woman who had decided to give up horses because of her age and had found a new home for her beloved horse and then she realized what a hole it had left in her life so she got the horse back. It was something about "today is the last time I'll hang up your halter" and "today is the last time I'll brush you..." (I'm totally paraphrasing here but the piece really struck me and I wish I had saved it). So I'm hoping someone did save it!

Thanks.
    R.I.P. Ollie (2007-2010) You were small in stature but huge in spirit. You will never be forgotten.

Godspeed, Benjamin (1998-2014). A life well-lived. A horse well-loved.

Yes. Thank you!!! Even for COTH, this was a record for shortest amount of time to find what I needed. Thanks again.
    R.I.P. Ollie (2007-2010) You were small in stature but huge in spirit. You will never be forgotten.

Godspeed, Benjamin (1998-2014). A life well-lived. A horse well-loved.