The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Little Tack Rant

After a lot of debate I've decided when I buy a saddle I'm going to get a wintec close contact. I love my trainer's saddle for multiple reasons and her webber stirrups. I figured I'd shop around for price ranges/shipping rates at various tack websites.

Now you'd think that tack stores would make sure to have matching color variety in their saddles AND their leathers.

I can only find the close contact in brown. Thats fine, I'm not picky. BUT I can't find webbers 24" in brown. Nope, I can only find them in black OR if they have brown, they don't have them in the 24" variety. I have even requested to see if it can be special ordered and was told "nope". I may not be picky but I do want to match and I don't want to deal with looping my stirrups.

End my little rant. Anyone ever have issues like this? Feel free to chime in

Thank you HenryisBlaisin'. Despite them being more expensive, you have saved my saddle matching problems!

If you can stand to wait, I bet Jeffers will have a Black Friday sale. Their typical sales are 10% off orders of $75 or more, and their orders ship free over $60. They announce their sales via their email list.