The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any updates on your Sempatico babies?

How are your Sempatico children doing? My mare (Something Brighter aka Whisper) is 6 now and was doing really amazing this summer, but unfortunately she injured a front suspensory and is currently on stall rest (she should make a full recovery, we hope). Aaand, she's pregnant! Poor girl has a lot going on! She is due next August with a Fabuleux baby.

Earlier this year we were schooling beautiful, uphill canter-walk-canter transitions with a simple change, haunches in and shoulder in at trot, leg yields and shoulder in at canter, etc... she was just figuring out Spanish walk in hand, and we did lots of counted walk which really helped her figure out how uphill she can be! She is such a joy to ride, she wants to please her rider more than any other horse I think I've ever sat on. I took her on trail rides with bikes and strollers and dogs, jumped a little field hunter course with her with no issues, etc... She's a great horse!

She is handling her stall rest and handwalking well - she has tons of energy but walks right with me and behaves even though you can see on her face how badly she wants to leap in the air! She was also very good for the vet for all the repro work - he was impressed with how good she was about everything, especially with it being her first breeding experience.

There aren't really any recent pics, but here is her facebook album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=9f3814a458

1 members found this post helpful.

Sorry your horse is currently injured

I bred a Friesian Sporthorse by Sempatico and his owner took him to a USEA FEH (Future Event Horse) competition a couple of months ago, and he won his age group (2YO) and also had the highest score of all horses presented. She adores him, and I couldn't have sold him to a better owner

He's about halfway down this page -- Sebastian ROF -- if you want to see him: http://www.riveroaksfarm.net/RiverOaksFarmFoals.html
    River Oaks Farm - home of the Elite Book Friesian Sporthorse Grand Prix dressage stallion Lexington - sire of four consecutive FSA National Inspection Champions. Endorsing the FSA.

1 members found this post helpful.

Sorry your mare got injured...stall rest is always so tough on both horse and human!
    Both my Sempatico girls are pregnant! Spring Silk is 4yrs old, and is in foal to Dreamscape Farm's Bon Balou for a late April foal. Bon Balou just finished the 70 day test in over all 3rd place...1st jumping(yea)
    Simplicity is 3yrs and is in foal to Freestyle for an early May foal.
    Very excited about both my first time mums...
    Spring's foal will be a dark tobiano as she is EEAa TT and Simplicity's has a 50% chance of tobiano and will be black based as Freestyle is EEaa and she is Eeaa Tt.
    Hopefully your mare will heal totally...and her foal will be awesome!
    Martha
    Breeder of Quality and Colour
    Tobiano Pinto Sporthorses
    www.jmrpintos.com

I sold my Sempatico baby as a weanling. He's a 2005 model and is currently doing 1st level dressage and Training level eventing with his new owner. He won at Novice Level last fall. She adores him and sends me occasional updates which I LOVE to get.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151071628511585&l=2f41a8633c

I sooooo wish I'd bred my mare back to Sempatico for another foal. Sigh. Oh well, I'll just have to drool over everyone else's!
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.