The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Best sports bra for under a thin coat?

Hi everyone, I've purchased a lightweight coat, and my sports bra has become noticeably apparent in the back. :/ the seamstress who is altering my coat suggested I get more of a bra style sports bra. I'm right between a B and a C. I'm normal weight for my height (5'3, 120lbs) Anyone ride in anything they love that battles the buldge in the back?

Do a search for the COTHer named "AliCat", she has several threads that are really helpful in making recommendations. Will post a link of a recent one.
    "When I look back on my life, the times I have been stingy or unappreciative haunt me. I don't regret one instance of generosity." --PeteyPie

2 members found this post helpful.

"When I look back on my life, the times I have been stingy or unappreciative haunt me. I don't regret one instance of generosity." --PeteyPie

The only thing the government needs to solve all of its problems is a Council of Common Sense.

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

I have a Champion sports bra that I absolutely love - very comfortable, wider band in the back, has a normal closure in the back.

http://www.hanes.com/champion/womens...rts-bra-ch1602
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Yeah, the Cheata is the one you want if invisibility is your goal.

Moving Comfort carries a couple different bras with back closures; your local running store probably has some you could try on. I'm around your size & won't ride in any other brand.

I also use the Champions, although a slightly different model. With bras, you really have to go try them on.

I like the Champion ones as well. I think the ones I have are the "C9" line. To be honest I haven't bought sports bras in a few years so I may be rusty on that, but that should also be a testament to how great these ones are! They are stretchy and comfy, hold up, and you can get them inexpensively at Target.

Another vote for the cheeta

Quote Originally Posted by KeepOnKeepingOn View Post
    Hi everyone, I've purchased a lightweight coat, and my sports bra has become noticeably apparent in the back. :/ the seamstress who is altering my coat suggested I get more of a bra style sports bra. I'm right between a B and a C. I'm normal weight for my height (5'3, 120lbs) Anyone ride in anything they love that battles the buldge in the back?
    What does this mean? Does she suggest you need straight straps than a racer back?

I'm about your size and I ride in Vera Wang sports bras. They are "moderately" racerbacks. I have ridden in Champion underwire bras but I can't find the ones I used to like and the ones I used to like were problematically unlined. I live in the south and have a lightweight show coat, and to my knowledge, the bras don't show anything under the coat.

What is showing under your coat?
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Quote Originally Posted by KeepOnKeepingOn View Post
    My sports bras are built like regular bras, with the hooks in back, some have two, some have three. They are Just My Size and are either all cotton or a blend; they are very absorbent and every surface is nice and soft and smooth. They kinda give me uniboob but not badly, and I don't care when I'm riding. I am not huge (size or cup size) and they give great support. Very comfortable.
    Rack on!

I just bought 2 Cheata bras at Rolex and while I love them, they are very tight and restrictive. I wore my yesterday all day while eventing and I couldn't wait to get that thing off! It will keep eveything wrapped up in the front and the back!

I like the TaTa Tamer III from lululemon - it works for my narrow ribs with boobage. A lot of the other ones don't work for my combination of needs - and my size. It's pretty thin too under things and comes in light colors.

(now if only I could find mine, it's lost somewhere in my closet and is driving me crazy!)