The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default How to find a farm??

I'm looking to move out of my current situation which appeared to be perfect... but ended up not being. I found it through a friend of my parents and now that I need to move I have no idea how to go about finding a new place.

I'm not a trainer or a boarding barn manager.. it's just me and the 3 ponies. I have a barn I can pick up and take with me.. just no where to go!

This isn't an advertisement, I just honestly don't know where to start. It seems like everything is huge properties that I don't need, or can afford.

How do I go about this?

Craigslist... that's really the only place to start in my neck of the woods.

I'm originally from your area and I know for a fact that you have the best horse network I've ever seen. Between all the feed and tack stores and their bulletin boards to publications like the Equine Marketer and Equiery, I'm sure you can find something!
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

A lot depends on your budget and whether or not you're limited to your current area. MD is $$. For 2 horses, you can probably get by with 3-4 acres if its zoned properly.

Look in the classifieds of the MD Equiery. Lots of realtors who specialize in farm properties, and they often have smaller less expensive properties in their listings that they don't advertise as heavily.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/