The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Great TB story!

Hey all, just wanted to alert you that I just posted a great story about an off-the-track Thoroughbred winning a grand prix this past weekend!

Check it out... http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...grand-prix-win

Molly

6 members found this post helpful.

What a cute horse and how great for Hillary! Wishing her many more successes.

2 members found this post helpful.

How cool that they won their first Grand Prix together!

Jeez, I remember when she won the pony finals! How great for her, and how smart to take a break and come back to the horse world with a different perspective. And she still has that same classic, elegant style she always had in the eq ring.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

1 members found this post helpful.

Loved the article!!! Cute horse, love OTTB's!

I rode with Christina many moons ago and stayed at her house for a few weeks one summer when I was 17. Hillary was about 4 years old at that time!!! I watched Hillary through her junior years, beautiful rider!

I'm a big OTTB fan, so it's great to see one have this kind of success. Loved those catty turns in the jump-off.

Beautiful rider too!

I admit I looked up his pedigree, and sure enough saw the Pleasant Colony blood I expected...

Lovely story, and so fun to see an OTTB doing so well!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Great story. Great horse, lovely rider. I love seeing OTTBs succeed in the big time.

There was a story several years ago about a TB mare named Electra (ridden by Andrew Ross) who won a few Grands Prix; anyone know what happened to her? I love to follow these stories.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Good for both of them! I was wondering recently what ever happened to Hillary, she is such a beautiful rider. Haha I remember showing in Ocala and the Junior ring would be held up for what seemed like forever waiting for her on her next horse.

Dewey-I ride with Andrew and he is still competing Electra in the grand prix classes. It is a lot of fun to see her go. I groom for him sometimes and it is astonishing how scopey she is for her size and stature. She is quirky and I'm not sure whether many other riders would be able to ride her as successfully as Andrew has!

Well, thanks for responding, serendipity! I am glad I asked. I read an article about her a couple of years ago and saw several youtube videos, and then...nothing. I was afraid she had become unsound and had to be retired. Glad that's not the case! You can tell Andrew that I am a big fan of his mare!
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Molly, that's an excellent story! Thank you so much for posting!! And congrats to Denis and Hillary - how incredible!

Having an OTTB myself, stories like this inspire me.

Quote Originally Posted by netg View Post
    I admit I looked up his pedigree, and sure enough saw the Pleasant Colony blood I expected...

Lovely story, and so fun to see an OTTB doing so well!
    Pleasant Colony is a sport horse influence, but it comes from HIS sire, His Majesty. I cannot remember right now what other sons of His Majesty are also good sport horse influences, but once you start to look for His Majesty in pedigrees, you will find that his name shows up through a number of his sons.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

And a HUGE YIPPEE! for Hillary.She is a fantastic rider and trainer. How great that she won a GP an an OTTB!
    Last edited by Lord Helpus; Nov. 13, 2012 at 09:42 PM.

Amazing how times have changed and it is big news now if a TB wins a noteworthy class.

That is a beautiful horse. . Reminds us why we used to love TBs so much. Hope to see more out there!
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Rescueme, I know you PM'd me as a result of reading this thread, but with the horrible formatting of the new web site, I cannot read or write PM's-- The picture of Jacob Pope and the "Most Popular" stories are on top of my PM messages, so I cannot read or reply to them.

I am going to leave another post on the "I hate the new format" thread about this.

Also -- don't underrate Storm Cat -- he's closer than PC in this horse's pedigree. I recall the Maddens bought a couple of TB yearling prospects with Storm Cat, and I have seen quite a few CANTER Storm Cat grandkids I would love to pick up as jumpers. He's proving himself more as a grandsire than a sire of sporthorses but really starting to show up. Lovely horses and evidence that "modern" type does not equal "sport horse failure."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    Rescueme, I know you PM'd me as a result of reading this thread, but with the horrible formatting of the new web site, I cannot read or write PM's-- The picture of Jacob Pope and the "Most Popular" stories are on top of my PM messages, so I cannot read or reply to them.

I am going to leave another post on the "I hate the new format" thread about this.
    Well now I can't figure out my PMs either. Do you have an email address that I can reach you at?

It's a total fluke. Everyone knows that TBs are good for nothing. : ) !!!!!!!!!