The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I thought you could name a race pretty much whatever you want, if you sponsor it. They do at Lone Star anyway. Like "The Joe's Garage Special", for some 5k claiming race
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Yes, most likely a race sponsor. Our local track's reports refer to the featured, non-stakes races as the Johnsonville Purse, or Bertha's 85th Birthday Purse, or whatever.
    It's a uterus, not a clown car. - Sayyedati

DRF 2-12-13: "Eblouissante has bruised foot, may miss Santa Margarita

Eblouissante, a 4-year-old half-sister to 2010 Horse of the Year Zenyatta, may have her stakes debut postponed after being diagnosed with a bruised foot following a win in an optional claimer last month.

Trainer John Shirreffs said that Eblouissante recently resumed galloping after a brief break. He was unsure whether Eblouissante could start in the $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational over 1 1/8 miles on March 16.
    Perhaps they should pull back the number of works - seems like its adding too much physical stress.

Glimmer,

with all due respect.. There's no data to back up your claim. Exhibit 1, The drf published work search results for her:
    http://www1.drf.com/workoutsForHorse...o?rNo=09004192

She hasn't worked officially anyway, since 1/12/13. That's a month.

I used to work for John. He does things very deliberately. She's had a break since her last race and has resumed galloping now. She will likely take a bunch of time between starts and stone bruises, abscesses and random crap can happen.

~Emily
    "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

1 members found this post helpful.

Just like the words of Billy Joel ... 'Say Goodbye to Hollywood': John Shirreffs - and Eblouissante - are relocating to New York.

Eblouissante is expected to be part of a 22-horse group that trainer John Shirreffs will ship to Belmont Park in New York later this month.
    Per the LA Times: Shirreffs said an assistant trainer will also be in charge of horses at Santa Anita. He would return to Santa Anita in the winter.

"I'm going to try it," Shirreffs said of his East Coast move.

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerglass View Post
    Just like the words of Billy Joel ... 'Say Goodbye to Hollywood': John Shirreffs - and Eblouissante - are relocating to New York.

Per the LA Times: Shirreffs said an assistant trainer will also be in charge of horses at Santa Anita. He would return to Santa Anita in the winter.

"I'm going to try it," Shirreffs said of his East Coast move.
    Saw this yesterday and am excited to see this happen, although too bad the Mosses aren't the owners. May be worth taking a day to head down to Belmont if he has several running. And sounds like he'll be at Saratoga!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeg View Post
    Saw this yesterday and am excited to see this happen, although too bad the Mosses aren't the owners. May be worth taking a day to head down to Belmont if he has several running. And sounds like he'll be at Saratoga!
    Hopefully he'll find success at Belmont. From which NYRA can provide him some stalls at Spa. Although in recent years even established trainers have been allocated few. It would seem logical that Jerry & Ann will keep the horses they have with John regardless if that means running on the East Coast.

Jerry being a native New Yorker must enjoy the Spa

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeg View Post
    Hopefully he'll find success at Belmont. From which NYRA can provide him some stalls at Spa. Although in recent years even established trainers have been allocated few. It would seem logical that Jerry & Ann will keep the horses they have with John regardless if that means running on the East Coast.

Jerry being a native New Yorker must enjoy the Spa

Not a very good day at the Spa for Eblouissante. Ouch.

"She broke two teeth and grabbed herself in a couple spots on her legs, but nothing really serious.

"I feel really lucky that she didn't seriously injure herself. I think that's a credit to the assistant starter who kept her from flipping over and getting underneath the gate. It was a bad situation but not a tragedy."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...-shuvee-defeat

Wow! I'm surprised she wasn't scratched.

I hope they have better luck with her in the future. It's been a bumpy road for her. They have time though, she looks to be late maturing, like her half sister, and Shirreffs is a patient guy..

Eblouissante being auctioned off - in Keeneland November sale (catalog 10/1/13)

I wondered what Kronfeld's estate would do with Eblouissante.

I wonder if she'll be cataloged as a broodmare prospect, or racing/broodmare prospect? Anyone care to guess what she'll bring?
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

I would say it's odds on she will be bought by the Japanese

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Drvmb1ggl3 View Post
    I would say it's odds on she will be bought by the Japanese
    Nah, Coolmore or Shadwell.

You almost wonder if the Mosses will be involved - especially considering their recent loss of Mentor Cane. But then again, the $$$ involved may be a bit much.

Ebby's last start just seemed to be an anomaly - a bad day. Her works since were improving finally. Wonder if she's in CA or NY.

Summer Soiree, I'd love to have that mare!!! Awesome Maria is listed too. Sure are some nice horses in this sale.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Found out where Ebby is.
    B. Livingston pic from this morning at Belmont.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I think a lot of excuses were made to salvage her "value". Wish they'd just let her be a racehorse.

"Pat the horse; kick yourself" - Carl Hester

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    I wonder if she'll be cataloged as a broodmare prospect, or racing/broodmare prospect?
    The Keeneland Nov Sale catalog just made available - Hip #: 130 Session #: 1 Barn #: 6 - listed as "Broodmare prospect"

PDF - HIP #130.

2 members found this post helpful.