The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tack Trunk Liquidation Auction

There's a tack store being liquidated at auction. https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=59299

There's a variety of stuff being offered. Look carefully because I've noticed a few mislabelings (they have foldable hoof picks labeled as "decorative hooks" )

3 members found this post helpful.

Wow, what a great find! Lots of bargains and a perfect place for Christmas shopping. Secret Santa's should for sure check it out!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Where the prairie ends and the mountains begin

Is this a scam or for real?
    Dreaming in Color

I thought she (lady who owned the store) sold everything in the store and went out of business a while ago. I'll see what I can find out.

Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Everyone move along and forget you ever saw the OP.
    Last edited by Carolinadreamin'; Nov. 12, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

And the shipping seems weird. Sounds like you deal with the UPS store directly to box up and ship whatever you buy. Odd.

^^^^ Agree... I poked around the site - seems like good deals to be had if you are going to go there and pick up whatever you buy.

They have some boots I would be interested in - but not with all of the extra steps / unknown shipping fees etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    I thought she (lady who owned the store) sold everything in the store and went out of business a while ago. I'll see what I can find out.

Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Everyone move along and forget you ever saw the OP.
    Would you mind explaining? I have nothing to do with the auction; it was forwarded to me by a relative in the area. Here's a link to a CL ad: http://greenville.craigslist.org/grq/3397793579.html

I know the site looks a bit sketchy, but the auction house (Poinsett Auction & Realty) is absolutely real. I've been there. From the fine print, it appears that if you're in the area you can pick it up yourself in Travelers Rest, or you can have it UPS shipped if you're far away. Here's the direct link to the auction house: http://poinsettauctions.com/Absolute...on-a192134.php
    Last edited by RdEventer; Nov. 12, 2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added direct link to AH's site

CarolinaDreaming was playing - nevermind, move along translates into "more for me!"

2 members found this post helpful.

Ah, so um... would someone want to ship some things North? Any chance?

It is sad that they could not find one person they knew that had a clue about horse things to help them with their ads. I am up the running halters (aka martingales).

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenAcres View Post
    CarolinaDreaming was playing - nevermind, move along translates into "more for me!"
    Exactly right!

Did anyone notice the description "horse jackets" for the Saxon turnouts? I thought that was funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.

Sounds like some really good deals if you can go there and pick your item up, sounds like a hassle if you are far away. I think they should have made some kind of arrangements for people that are far away. Its not that big of a deal to grab some flat rate shipping boxes from the post office.
    Maggie Bright, lovingly known as Skye and deeply missed (1994 - 2013)
    The Blog

Why oh why do they have to make shipping hard? Evil people. Will have to look into shipping

Gosh, I'd love an appaloosa license plate... but I'm not gonna pay a fortune for UPS to pick it up, pack and ship it... that'll be a small fortune!

Anyone else win something? Called UPS but no answer to see how much they are gonna charge me...
    Southern Cross Guest Ranch
    An All Inclusive Guest Ranch Vacation - Georgia
    www.southcross.com
    RIP Bocephus March 2008 - April 2013

My favorite was the splint boots-- being sold in lots of 3. Ummmm if you need 3 your horse has a bigger problem than just splints.

3 members found this post helpful.

I bought the Treadstone field boots and realized only after I confirmed my bid that they were wide. Oh well, for only $60 they can replace my paddock boots and half chaps and I'll wear them over my jeans since they'll be wide enough
    www.southcross.com

I came away with a jacket that is likely too large, but that I could get tailored and still have saved over a hundred dollars on. And some new schooling pants, which is lovely since I hate paying so much for something that eventually gets covered in mud and grass stains.

If you won something and need it shipped for cheaper, PM me and maybe we can work something out (USPS flat rate or something). I'm going to pick my stuff up tomorrow.

I am bummed I missed this...there were some incredible deals!

Quote Originally Posted by RdEventer View Post
    I came away with a jacket that is likely too large, but that I could get tailored and still have saved over a hundred dollars on. And some new schooling pants, which is lovely since I hate paying so much for something that eventually gets covered in mud and grass stains.

If you won something and need it shipped for cheaper, PM me and maybe we can work something out (USPS flat rate or something). I'm going to pick my stuff up tomorrow.
    Dang it, I already called UPS and arranged it. I wish I had bought some more things, but I was too leary so I just bought the boots.
    www.southcross.com