The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Minis in Oregon Need Help (Update!)

Over 100 confiscated minis going to auction in Oregon. If anybody in the NW can help by fostering or buying. I would love to foster but am too far away. Hope these little guys can find good homes!

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/in...owtopic=131486

Pictures of the minis here.

http://www.liska-auctioneers.com/201...=297&nggpage=5
    Last edited by BabyGoose; Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:40 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

There was a ton, ton, ton of local media for these guys. I was told from a friend there that the high seller was 2k for an intact stallion and most sold for more than $200. Heck, that's higher than minis at the local horse auctions here.

Said friend and a slew of other volunteers did a good job of caring for the horses since their seizure.

Now, the real question will be can the rules be enforced or will the gal began hoarding more animals for round three in another few years...

I am glad they found homes. The publicity certainly worked out well for them. I hope everyone ends up being satisfied with their purchases. They were kept in semi-feral states for so long that there are more than a few sassy pants in the bunch!

There seem to be a great many of these going through the Camelot auction lately as well--is this the lastest new "puppy mill" fad by which rednecks think they're gonna get rich, or what? STOP BREEDING THEM, already!