The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default THIS Children's Medal

Hi COTHer's

How realistic is it to qualify in the THIS without going to FL for the winter and showing down there. I'll go to 1-2 shows a month that host it throughout the winter and at least 2 shows a month throughout the summer. How realistic is it to qualify?

Thanks!

Hey I have found that the best (and fastest!) way to qualify is to do well in a large class because the winner receives 10 points multiplied by the number of people in the class.
    But, if the classes you are doing are small classes, it could be hard to qualify since the cut off in past years has been pretty high. I went to THIS finals this year, and our highest ranked invited rider had over 3,000 points. I had 700 and was invited after being placed on a waiting list. I think that it would not be impossible for you to qualify, but you will have to ride consistently every time you do the class. It's really important to always try to be in the top four and to do it at every show you can! Good luck and have fun!!!! It is a great final!

Thanks so much! Did you go to WEF or HITS last year! It is not something I am really chasing, but I do have the idea in the back of my head! Thanks again!

It is a great finals and well worth the time! You can do it without going to Florida! Our daughter started in it one March (after just finishing on med ponies) and qualified, as well as placed in the finals that fall! She showed at about the pace you are considering showing, and always did consistently well in her classes. Good luck! It's a lot of fun!

Thank you so much! It really would be an amazing experience, I would love it so much! Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, I did go to HITS last year but not for the whole circuit (usually we do the whole thing but decided to spend time in Pensacola and Jacksonville before!) I would just keep doing it every chance you get! Good luck!