The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by HyperionStudLLC View Post
    Look for Darco stallions and Cassini 1 stallions.......

Cheers
    Yes-- I was looking for Cassini I when I found Cunningham, who seems to have everything you seek: spectacular jump, great conformation including excellent feet and loin connection, unbeatable jumping pedigree (Cassini I x Iorella/Contender). Temperament, conformation, manners, style amply proven in the hunter ring (Grand National Champion Conformation Hunter...), where the most common criticism of him was that he sometimes looked "too jumpery." His scope is amazing-- jumped 5'2" in his 2 year old keuring with ease and impeccable form. I first bred my TB mare to him when he was coming 4, on the basis of keuring videos and bloodlines, and have been pinching myself ever since. This horse easily could have done the jumpers, but went the conformation hunter route instead to prove the full range of his virtues. There are a lot of stallions in showjumping, but not many with the manners, conformation, etc., to do what Cunningham did.

The aforementioned full sister jumping G.P. is Rosalia La Silla, who placed 5th in the London Olympics.

P.S. I very much enjoyed the video of Carracci, and would look into him, too, if in your position.

1 members found this post helpful.

I was wondering early on about Cassini I and TB crosses. I have always loved Darco. Another top choice pick is Bon Balou - The boy has springs for legs, not to mention he's a sweetie pie.

My search found me looking at Winningmood who is the only stallion, so far, that I've found containing both Darco and Cassini I up close to within 2 generations. I messaged asking whether frozen would become available to Canada for 2013 (If yes for Canada, it will be fine for USA too). Will update if/when I hear anything.

Vicky - can you please PM me a bit more info about Hidalgo, specific to TB's. Would appreciate it. Thanks.
    http://www.mariposasporthorses.com/

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

Quote Originally Posted by klondikevictoryfarm View Post
    Please take a look at our Tacorde he has everything you ask for. He is a competitive Grand Prix stallion with great legs a very good lion connection and loves his job! One of his offspring was inspected this fall by the Canadian Warmblood National Inspection tour (they use European judges for this tour) and she was the highest scoring mare in Canada with a perfect 10 for her scope! She is also very beautiful bay with three whites and a huge belly spot very much a jumper type. See him on both our website www.kvf.ca and Facebook http://www.facebook.com/KlondikeVictoryFarm?ref=stream
    He's also in Alberta available both fresh and frozen and offered at $1,500 LFG or $500 per dose. Lorrie
    Nice looking boy. Do you know of any registries active in the US that would allow him as a sire? I'd just feel silly trying to register a Florida-bred foal as a Canadian Warmblood.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    Nice looking boy. Do you know of any registries active in the US that would allow him as a sire? I'd just feel silly trying to register a Florida-bred foal as a Canadian Warmblood.

We are looking into a few as he qualifies for several with his performance record. Who is your mare aproved with?

Lorrie

Lorrie,
    This was fun to watch on line. What were you dressed as and what was the final height?

http://www.sprucemeadows.com/tournam...439474_977.pdf

I have seen Milton, nice boy. Of course Lougheed, who did well in dressage in his test (as well as Labiat). LP, himself has great movement but I wondered if you could pass it on. You were going to try him, did you ever?

I don't think he is super prepotent in terms of passing on his type but he does pass on his athleticism. I sold the mare I wanted to try with him but I have a new mare that is a super mover that I may have to breed with fresh so he will be a front runner for sure.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperionStudLLC View Post
    Look for Darco stallions and Cassini 1 stallions.......
    If you are interested in Cassini I sons, you should consider Cancara (Cassini I/Corofino) who will be standing at Foxfire Farm in WA for 2013. He is known for excellent rideability and temperament, and certainly has no shortage of scope, if that's what you're looking for!

Here is a video of Cancara:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPqDa...e_gdata_player