The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    I wonder if there was a glitch that got corrected as I went back and my order shows that the sale price of what I bought (which was only 10% off) was the one that got discounted by 50%. But I only bought one thing...and it was in the wee hours of that first day, so that's what makes me think it might have been a glitch that got caught. I can't replicate it now!

Jeffers Pet sent me a Cyber Monday e-mail and I'm not sure if it applies to the equine side as well. 15% tonight between 2 am and 5 am CST and then 10% the rest of the day tomorrow. This link should include the code and details:

http://www.jefferspet.com/article.as...Monday_Nov2012

Can I just kvetch. I buy from Jeffers. I am on their mailing list. I didn't get this. And really, they need us to get up at 2am for a sale? Who does that?! REALLY.

I will be though
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Can I just kvetch. I buy from Jeffers. I am on their mailing list. I didn't get this. And really, they need us to get up at 2am for a sale? Who does that?! REALLY.

I will be though
    Because they give different deals for their different divisions. And the codes don't always cross; for example, the Jeffers Pet code may or may not work on the Jeffers Equine items. I'm on the Jeffers lists for Equine, Pet, and Livestock just to be on the safe side.

I'm not saying I approve. Just saying it's so.

The Jeffers Pet email, in case anyone cares:

Also, Big Dee's Cyber Monday sale (nothing to write home about IMO except for 20% off Back on Track):
    http://www.bigdweb.com/media/emailim...m_medium=email

Quote Originally Posted by jn4jenny View Post
    Because they give different deals for their different divisions. And the codes don't always cross; for example, the Jeffers Pet code may or may not work on the Jeffers Equine items. I'm on the Jeffers lists for Equine, Pet, and Livestock just to be on the safe side.

I'm not saying I approve. Just saying it's so.

The Jeffers Pet email, in case anyone cares:
    Oh boy... if I get up at 2am and this code's no good on equine.... Ima be PISSED.

I buy from Jeffer's Pet too. And livestock (since that's where they classify the good syringe).
    ~Veronica

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Another one - Cheshire Horse cyber Monday sale (cheshirehorse.com) is 15% off and free shipping with CYBERSAVE as the coupon code. Looks like it is already starting as I was able to use the code just now. Was waiting on this one as they are one of the few places that carries a supplement that I use. It looks like it excludes items "already on promotion" so I assume that means the code won't apply to stuff already on sale.

Can I just pimp out the Cheshire Horse a bit? They are my "local" tack store (although I drive an hour to a different state to get to them!) and are just the best out there...rival SmartPak in terms of customer service. They're doing 15% right now, with free shipping, and have some great deals. Support them!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    Can I just pimp out the Cheshire Horse a bit? They are my "local" tack store (although I drive an hour to a different state to get to them!) and are just the best out there...rival SmartPak in terms of customer service. They're doing 15% right now, with free shipping, and have some great deals. Support them!
    Can I join the pimping party? Cheshire Horse not only has good customer service, but they carry some brands that are hard to find in the US. They carry a lot of the Tekna products--get yourself a beater/guest saddle for around $480, or a really nice synthetic double-elastic-ended contour girth for under $60. They also carry the hard-to-find Neue Shule bits (better prices than Herm Sprenger KK Ultra series and just as nice!).

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes, I'm a Cheshire Horse fan as well. Not just because they carry my hoof supplement, either! Been very happy with their customer service and they often have some good deals on eBay.

on Jeffers, I'm worried as well that the code won't work on the equine side...but at least for me, 2 am CST is just midnight here, so I can stay up and try. On the website, all I can find are the 12 days deals. I wish they'd made it clearer.

ETA (just after 2 am Central) - the code just worked for me on my mix of pet and equine items. So vfx111 should find it worth getting up for!
    Last edited by horsepoor; Nov. 26, 2012 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Jeffers code does apply to pony stuff too!

Quote Originally Posted by SendenHorse View Post
    does anyone know who is offering a sale price on Bobby's raised dressage leather handstop reins (horse sized) with buckle ends? anyone? THANKS!
    if you haven't already checked, Cheshire Horse seems to have a lot of Bobby's stuff, so you could get 15% off on the Cyber Monday sale. Remembered your request as I was browsing there (virtually) tonight.

1 members found this post helpful.

worked, yay! Back to bed...
    ~Veronica

Chershire Horse is a pleasure to deal with. I third that recommendation.
    ~Veronica

Bummed that Dover isn't doing anything, especially with shipping... I need a helmet and a new pair of Middleburg boots, and have coupons from them for both of those, so they've got the best price on the helmet and no one else sells the Middleburg... but the extra $25 in shipping just about negates the savings. Sigh.

Cheshire Horse does seem excellent - my first experience with them has been during this sale as a result of the posts here... I only purchased a small item and it had free shipping, a stock tie, and they had run out and contacted me immediately and offered me a more expensive version at the same price. I was impressed. I am also disappointed Dover and Dressage Extensions are both doing nothing :-( but in a way it makes me happy to give business to smaller places like Cheshire Horse and discover what seems to be an excellent new tack store!

Thanks-- they do have bobby's reins but not the style I wanted. Darn! I will keep them in mind for the future. Easy to navigate website.

Quote Originally Posted by SendenHorse View Post
    Thanks-- they do have bobby's reins but not the style I wanted. Darn! I will keep them in mind for the future. Easy to navigate website.
    Darn, I just saw they had Bobby's and hoped the right one was in there. I suppose you already checked Equus Now?

I was relieved Cheshire Horse was "up" again this morning as I was in the midst of browsing last night when the website went down and wouldn't work at all for a bit. But I see it is okay today. Maybe it was a planned update. No one is supposed to be there browsing in the middle of the night (except me and my insomnia!).

Saratoga Horseworks is having a Cyber Monday Sale- 20% off your order.

code:Cyber20
    Proud owner of Belle- 17.2h PerchxTB-wannabe dressage horse & Fayah 14.1H arab-trail horse extroidinaire!

Have been wanting a "colourful" (ie not black or white) Mattes pad for ages and thanks to VTO, I've got one. Picked up some other odds and ends for Christmas gifts. Their shipping to Canada is reasonable, too, compared to Dover.

Thanks again, VTO!

I am so overwhelmed with options right now. I have five shopping carts full on five different websites argh omg.

Also, while Horze's customer service department is really nice, it is very disconcerting to hear someone answer the phone with, "Whores, can I help you?"

4 members found this post helpful.

Anyone know of any sale codes for Victory Canter? Figures, they're the only place besides Dover that has the helmet I need, and neither of them have a sale... though at least they have free shipping, unlike Dover...

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    Anyone know of any sale codes for Victory Canter? Figures, they're the only place besides Dover that has the helmet I need, and neither of them have a sale... though at least they have free shipping, unlike Dover...
    I couldn't find any sort of code, either, which really bummed me out because there were several things I would have ordered from them. I kept checking back all weekend to see if there was something on the website but nothing. However, I do have to give HUGE props to VTO because I placed my order with them on Friday morning and got my stuff today. Additionally, their customer service was great because I forgot that I wanted to order a PRI saddle pad so I just emailed them and they tacked it onto my order for me no problem. Love them!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Just ordered an Amigo heavyweight Insulator from Bit of Britain. Have never shopped there and they have awesome stuff. Finally spent my first bit of money since Black Friday. Had to really work at it!
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."