The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Stablemates in Mt Airy MD is doing 20% off store wide though Sunday. Plus, I they have some great stuff in their "clearance" section in the back (20% doesn't apply to that stuff though).

But I did find a Ariat down winter jacket for almost 50%! Marked down to $60 from $112
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Quote Originally Posted by showidaho View Post
    All Horze.com customers...I just got online and ordered some sale stuff and in addition to the black friday savings I used the code winter1 and got an ADDITIONAL 50% off!!!!!!!!! Happy savings!
    Holy Crap! I can't wait to go home and try it.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Horze discounts dont stack for me :-( but Beval has 30% off all show coats incl the grand prix one I had been looking at (yay) and I think 20% off saddles

Quote Originally Posted by High Ho Silver View Post
    Horze discounts dont stack for me :-( but Beval has 30% off all show coats incl the grand prix one I had been looking at (yay) and I think 20% off saddles
    It worked for me, I wonder why it isn't working for certain people?

Quote Originally Posted by High Ho Silver View Post
    Horze discounts dont stack for me :-(
    I just found that out. What's the trick to make it work? Anyone???????
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

does anyone know who is offering a sale price on Bobby's raised dressage leather handstop reins (horse sized) with buckle ends? anyone? THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    I just found that out. What's the trick to make it work? Anyone???????
    I wonder if it depends on what you buy? I tried to get it to stack for a blanket and a few other items and it didn't work.

Maybe the 50% off codes at horze expired? I used it (SANTA1) on items that were already marked down and it went ok. That was early today.

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Maybe the 50% off codes at horze expired? I used it (SANTA1) on items that were already marked down and it went ok. That was early today.
    I tried them earlier too.

Are you SURE that they're stacking? When I do it, it reverts the items back to full price and then discounts them. IE, the blanket I want was $150, but is on sale for $100...when I put the code in it shows up as $75. So the price goes down, but it's not 50% off the sale, unfortunately...

Anyone have anything for Mary's? I like the Pro Choice dressage boots but want me some discount!

Thanks to VTO and Bit of Britain, I am significantly poorer today! But seriously, their sales are great. I love SmartPak for their generally good deals everyday, but their sales are pretty useless now. So much stuff is excluded that it just isn't a meaningful sale to me.

And I learned something interesting about SmartPak's price match yesterday. I live near a Dover and can easily physically go to the store, but in order to price match, SmartPak adds the shipping to calculate Dover's price (forcing the incorrect assumption that in order to take advantage of Dover's price, I'd need to be using mail order). So, with Dover's assinine shipping charges, the price match ends up being a bust for me too.

Oh we'll, Thanks to VTO and Bit of Britain, and Equus Now, I feel like I got a few good horsey deals for the holiday season.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    And I learned something interesting about SmartPak's price match yesterday. I live near a Dover and can easily physically go to the store, but in order to price match, SmartPak adds the shipping to calculate Dover's price (forcing the incorrect assumption that in order to take advantage of Dover's price, I'd need to be using mail order). So, with Dover's assinine shipping charges, the price match ends up being a bust for me too.
    The in-store price match was actually my one bad experience with SmartPak customer service. In MA, there is a Smartpak and a Dover within maybe 20 min of each other. I went to Smartpak and said "Hey, there is this item I'd like to buy from you, but Dover has it $20 cheaper."
    "Okay, but once you add on shipping, it is more expensive than our price."
    "Yes but the store is 20 minutes away and I'll just drive there..."
    "Not going to price match, sorry."

So I drove 20 minutes and bought the item for Dover's $20 cheaper price. And then promptly went home, and wrote an email to Smartpak about how stupid it is to not price match (without shipping) when the freaking competitor's store is one town over. They gave me a $20 credit, said they'd speak to that store, and all was well with the world.

Any hope that Smartpak or Dover will offer better deals for "Cyber Monday"?

1 members found this post helpful.

Can someone give me one example of a Horze item that stacked?! I am experimenting and not seeing any stacking...
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Can someone give me one example of a Horze item that stacked?! I am experimenting and not seeing any stacking...
    It didn't stack for me. But, if the discount was less than 50%, it would take 50% off instead. So, the 80% item was 80% off, but the 10% ad 20% items were marked down 50%.

I ordered a bit that was 10%. So, instead of $40 it was $36. I then used the SANTA1 code, and the bit was marked as $20, not $18.

Hope that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Grey_hunter View Post
    It didn't stack for me. But, if the discount was less than 50%, it would take 50% off instead. So, the 80% item was 80% off, but the 10% ad 20% items were marked down 50%.

I ordered a bit that was 10%. So, instead of $40 it was $36. I then used the SANTA1 code, and the bit was marked as $20, not $18.

Hope that makes sense!
    I'm with you. That's what's happening to me. But folks earlier swore the discounts STACKED.... not that the site always took the higher discount?!
    ~Veronica

I really hope so! Just make sure that when/if you order online, order from Smartpak! They have AMAZING costumer service! Dover's service is.... well.... way far from amazing.

I wonder if there was a glitch that got corrected as I went back and my order shows that the sale price of what I bought (which was only 10% off) was the one that got discounted by 50%. But I only bought one thing...and it was in the wee hours of that first day, so that's what makes me think it might have been a glitch that got caught. I can't replicate it now!

Jeffers Pet sent me a Cyber Monday e-mail and I'm not sure if it applies to the equine side as well. 15% tonight between 2 am and 5 am CST and then 10% the rest of the day tomorrow. This link should include the code and details:

http://www.jefferspet.com/article.as...Monday_Nov2012
    Last edited by horsepoor; Nov. 25, 2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Correcting Time

Another one - Cheshire Horse cyber Monday sale (cheshirehorse.com) is 15% off and free shipping with CYBERSAVE as the coupon code. Looks like it is already starting as I was able to use the code just now. Was waiting on this one as they are one of the few places that carries a supplement that I use. It looks like it excludes items "already on promotion" so I assume that means the code won't apply to stuff already on sale.

Gah! I pulled the trigger LAST NIGHT on my Jeffer's order. I just called to see if I could cancel and reorder on Monday. "Customer service" left MUCH the be desired. Gah!
    ~Veronica