The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I just got a card from Equus Now - 20% off with code BLACKFRIDAY2012. Funny, no e-mail, just a snail mail card, but maybe they'll do e-mails later in the week.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by indygirl2560 View Post
    I noticed that Dover has put a green circle with a P on certain items online. I called to see what it was about and apparently those are "premium" products that aren't eligible for discounts. So, pretty much everything I want to buy is ineligible! I'm guessing this has something to do with Black Friday...
    After seeing your post I went to Dover's site to check out some items I have been pondering - every single thing I was interested in has a green "P" next to it! I think it will be the same with whatever sale SmartPak has. This is probably a good thing - it will save me lots of money!
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

1 members found this post helpful.

Equus Now has started their 20% off sale -- you can use the code BLACKFRIDAY2012 now - no need to wait. And it was applicable to stuff that was already on sale. I got 2 equine couture jackets, a Joules hat, a Joules drink/lunch cooler, a pair of spurs and a pair of leather spur straps for $105. There were no shipping charges since the total was more than $100.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Is the Equus Now code good on everything or are there brand restrictions?
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

The equus now e-mail does give some brand restrictions (dubarry for one...don't recall others) and also says it is NOT good for sale/clearance items, contrary to what is posted above. But I just tried it for something in the sale section and it appeared to work...so we will see if it comes back to me tomorrow as they might cancel it out (I only ordered one thing from the sale section, but it was a pretty good deal even before the coupon...so wont be surprised if they say it doesn't apply).

ETA: here's the text from the email:
    Type in COUPON CODE BLACKFRIDAY2012 at checkout to active the 20% Discount.Valid on our WEB SITE only. Cannot we used in our Retail Store, Ebay Store or Mobile Rig.
    This offer is NOT valid on phone orders, this is an ONLINE promotion only. NOT valid on previous purchases. Cannot be used in conjunction with ANY other promotion. Certain Manufacturer restrictions apply. *Manufacturer restrictions include but are not limited to Dubarry, Barbour, Sergio Grasso, GPA,
    Succeed Products. Additional catagories NOT included in this promotion are as follows - Saddles, Consignment items, Clearance/Sale Merchandise, Gift Cards, Clipping Products, Fly & Insect Repellent, Supplements, Linaments & Rinses, Shampoos & Conditioners,
    Hoof Care Products & Leather Care.
    Last edited by horsepoor; Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

I was pleasantly surprised that I received an additional discount on the sale items. It made them an amazing deal and some folks on my Christmas list will be getting some extra gifts because of it. Maybe it applies to some sale stuff but not all?

On a separate note, I am hoping to pick up another KK Ultra bit during the Black Friday sales, but so far everyone excludes them from their sales. Hopefully I will find someone who is discounting it. Maybe Bit of Britain will?

Anyone get anything from Victory Canter? I like DevonAire breeches and I know they carry them.

I got an email from SmartPak advertising SmartPerks VIP access to their Black Friday sale. It's for 10% off and free shipping for all orders over $150.

Um--as I get monthly SmartPaks, I already qualify for SmartPerks--which means 10% off most of their stuff and free shipping. And the SMartPak catalog I just got today says free shipping on all orders over $75. So...whoop de do.

Code is TURKEY12.
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

I got the same email. It does look like you can take all of the discounts though- 5% USEF, 10% Smartperks, and 10% Black Friday.

My nemesis...full seat breeches...VTO closeout...bad combination...lol

The Surrey tack store in MD is having 20% off all in store (may be some exceptions) stock. In the past, I have called in my order & paid over phone and picked up a day or two later when it was not so crowded busy. Here is their website for contact info: http://www.thesurreysaddlery.com/ plus it (the sale) is mentioned on their Facebook page.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

Equus Unlimited sent this in an e-mail (already started the sale):

BLACK FRIDAY EARLY
    SAVE 10% on Orders $75.00 or More

USE CODE: BK10

SALE ENDS NOV 26, 2012 11:59:59 CST

ORDERS OVER $75.00

FREE SHIPPING 48 US States

Website is equusunlimited.com

Adam's also says they'll have some things on sale, but looks like you have to check the website - not an across the board % off.

My local tack shop in Ontario will match any US tack shop price. So keep the info coming! Looking especially for TS breeches and BOT products.
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Studies View Post
    My local tack shop in Ontario will match any US tack shop price. So keep the info coming! Looking especially for TS breeches and BOT products.
    Which tack shop is this? Do they do online orders?

Action Rider Tack posted on their facebook page a bit ago. 21% off MSRP everything in their Tack and Equipment section of their website on Black Friday. The promo code is BFRIDAY12.

Country Tack (countrytack.com) sent an e-mail with some codes:
    $10 off $100 order = SAVE10
    $20 off $200 order = SAVE20
    $30 off $300 order = SAVE30

Now through 11/26

I don't believe I've ever ordered from them, but somehow got on the mailing list.

Derp! In the time it took me to type/post, I was beaten to it.
    Last edited by WildBlue; Nov. 22, 2012 at 06:36 AM.

I don't think I saw this one posted yet:

Tropical Rider
    35% off and free shipping
    http://www.tropicalrider.com/
    Handmade Cotton Fabric Dog Collars
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsByJinx

For the western peeps, NRS just sent me an email-

$20 off any online purchase. Code is ENJOY20

I think this is my incentive to pick up another nice work bridle.