The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am glad that County came through for you. I recently purchased a Sensation (new) and I worry (not County specific) that something like this or other things will happen. I don't have that kind of money laying around to buy a new saddle!

Hope your saddle comes back good as new
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

Update: I got my saddle back yesterday and the repair looks good. I haven't had time to put it on my beast yet (deep in holiday rush here!) but it certainly appears narrower than it was.

The person in the shop when I picked it up wasn't sure of the outcome with the old tree, but I'll report back when I find out.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Wow....This is the first I've heard of this happening at all.
    Then again County's are few and far between in my neck of the woods.
    I've been riding my non-customized Off the rack Stabilizer for over 10 years now and not a single minute worth of saddle issue.
    Never reflocked no nothing.

They will have to pry this saddle out of my cold dead arms, but I had been considering gifting myself a County Dressage , too.
    Hmmmm....
    Go, Baby, Go......
    Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

Quote Originally Posted by Sing Mia Song View Post
    Update: I got my saddle back yesterday and the repair looks good. I haven't had time to put it on my beast yet (deep in holiday rush here!) but it certainly appears narrower than it was.

The person in the shop when I picked it up wasn't sure of the outcome with the old tree, but I'll report back when I find out.
    I know this is an old post, but did you ever find out what happened with the old tree?
    Proud member of the Clean Horse, Dirty House Clique! Founder of the Goodbye Fat, Hello Muscle Clique!

Head plates should not flex, or spread, or move in any way. If they do, there's a serious problem. I'm glad County took care of the issue for you, but I wonder about "extra narrow". In 15 years of fitting saddles, I've seen exactly 2 horses that were suited to a narrow tree, and both outgrew that width in a couple months, when the tree shape and panel configuration were correct for their conformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    In 15 years of fitting saddles, I've seen exactly 2 horses that were suited to a narrow tree, and both outgrew that width in a couple months, when the tree shape and panel configuration were correct for their conformation.
    Have you seen the County saddles? The tree sizing is definitely not the norm. My W tree Stubben Edelweiss is exactly the same width as my N tree Stabilizer. I also have a horse who needs an XN County and I would say that in most other saddles he'd be a M or maybe a MN.