The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Guys there used to be and in some places still are laws on the books about what two, consenting, hetero individuals could do in the privacy of their own home.

We are simply bringing to light what is going on NOW, and these people want acceptance and approval just like everybody else. THAT is THEIR argument, not mine. If you prefer to remain ignorant of these FACTS, why did you open and fixate on the thread?
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsefaerie View Post
    Guys there used to be and in some places still are laws on the books about what two, consenting, hetero individuals could do in the privacy of their own home.

We are simply bringing to light what is going on NOW, and these people want acceptance and approval just like everybody else. THAT is THEIR argument, not mine. If you prefer to remain ignorant of these FACTS, why did you open and fixate on the thread?
    OK, so, descriptively speaking, these people want acceptance and approval.

Well, they want ice water in h*ll but they're still sweatin'.

Consent is still the argument that can be (and in my opinion, should be) leveled against them and still remain internally consistent with allowing consenting adults to do whatever they want. If you want acceptance for something your intended partner cannot consent to, no icewater for you. If you want acceptance for something your intended partner CAN consent to, we got no problems, how many ice cubes in that?

This line of thinking effectively rebuts the Bad Guys, while simultaneously giving private freedom to consenting adults to do whatever they want in their own home.

Anyone (member of NAMBLA or someone who just hates The Gays period) who wants to argue that, "Hey, society no longer cares whether consenting adults want to 69" -> donkey!sex! misses that distinction. Their reasoning is flawed and can be soundly rebutted without having to resort to inconsistencies or double standards.

People marshall "facts" and opinions and attempt to draw analogies to their situation all the time, but without a sound logic tree to hang it on their dog ain't gone hunt.

4 members found this post helpful.

Consent and age of consent are important.
    Age of consent at one time varied from state to state and in addition has changed over the years. A consistent age across all states would be best.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

What is the age of consent for riding a horse? Varies country to country?

Well that is certainly leaping to conclusions. Where was I talking about personal traits or breeding of human beings? Kind of like that Leaping Lizards discussion and how cute it is for a race horse to broad jump in the middle of a race.
    Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    Oh, ok!
    Eugenics!!
    Whee!

Society couldn't possibly be civilized if we allow anyone who is less than 6' tall or who doesn't have a six pack to breed. (I certainly hope you meet both criteria, or you are contributing to the deterioration of the human race.)

Actually, some people would simply prefer not to raise a child for a minimum of 18 years, what with the tremendous amount of work and finances that goes into that proposition.
    "I have brought on the hatred of Wall Street and I relish it".
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt

In the news today.

San Francisco is thinking about banning public nudity for anyone over the age of 5. People who enjoy their nudity in public are fighting it.

Sorry, I don't want to see naked people everywhere. In a sauna? Fine! But not at the produce section of the grocery.

I wonder what is next?

If I show up at a grocery where there are naked folks is that consent?
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by horsefaerie View Post
    ...Sorry, I don't want to see naked people everywhere...
    "The People Of WalMart" comes pretty darn close at times.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams