The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TKR View Post
    I have a 19 y.o. Thoroughbred gelding who has been my dressage horse and is a grandson of Ack Ack (x Violado - who was a strip quality stallion). Violado won the Louisiana Derby over Creme Fraiche (Belmont winner) and was also an allowance winner in England. I took care of him, handled him to breed and galloped him, what a lovely horse he was inside and out! My gelding is a lovely classic TB with a ton of suspension in his trot, so I LOVE the Ack Ack line!

The horse you asked about has a several crosses to Turn To as well as Double Jay, Hoist the Flag and another Man 'o War line as well as Speak John, and Buckpasser, so I'd say the pedigree indicates jumping should not be a problem. Post a photo. The Ack Ack and Buckpassers are lookers!

PennyG
    I don't have a pic of her but he said the filly is truly lovely to look at, but had a poor jump - which is how we got into the debate.
    GreenGate Stables
    http://ggstables.webs.com/

The bloodlines suggest there would be some really good genes for jumping in this horse.
    In riding a horse we borrow freedom!

Photography by. Eventing Photo and my fun farm at YouTube