The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Frank Baines pony saddle? Passad?

Hi all, back into Saddle hell for our medium pony who is built like a mini TB. Got a beautiful Devoucoux on trial and it also does not fit her, better than most of the saddles we've tried... maybe ok... but not perfect as it's still a bit too wide. So, I know alot of people on this board have recommended the Frank Baines saddles specifically for this type of back. I came across a used FB Passad saddle, which is their pony saddle in a MN tree, wool flocked. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this particular model, how it runs etc. Based on what we've tried on her, the mediums tend to be too wide, but the narrows too narrow, so I'm thinkng the medium narrow may be perfect, but if it isn't, am I correct in thinking because it's a wool flocked saddle that I can get someone to come out and adjust it a bit? I can't do a trial but it is relatively inexpensive and as long as it may be able to be adjusted a bit, I am thinking it's worth the try. Thoughts?

PS I am also a little worried that it may not fit my dd as beautifully as the Devoucoux with respect to the flaps being a bit straighter etc, so if anyone has experience with it and can let me know their thoughts, that'd be great!

I don't know anything about that particlulr model, but you might want to give Bill Wood a call, as he's the Frank Baines rep in VA and a really good saddle fitter. http://www.thesaddlefitter.com/

He might be able to give you some insights into how the saddle fits.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Trevelyan96 View Post
    I don't know anything about that particlulr model, but you might want to give Bill Wood a call, as he's the Frank Baines rep in VA and a really good saddle fitter. http://www.thesaddlefitter.com/

He might be able to give you some insights into how the saddle fits.
    Thanks, have left him a message.