The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SEZUAN new RECORD

SEZUAN won his performance Test with RECORD Scores: 3 x 9,5 and 10 x 10,0 !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7a8-...=results_video

God his canter just makes me drool. AMAZING.

I think these horses are fabulous. But.

Does anyone else think that these young horses judges should be encouraging a more practical type movement? I really liked Valegro as a young horse but he was a bit more ground covering and more of a strong through canter then just crazy uphill I thought.

I think if Totilas the king of legs didnt start out shouldnt we encourage the young horses to look more functional and let the training add to the shine?

I am all for fancy horses and love our top horses so its not that but I wouldnt want to take a horse like on the trail or to do ANYTHING besides dressage LOL he would kill himself with his feet going ever which way IMO.
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~
    http://www.off-breed-dressage.blogspot.com/

3 members found this post helpful.

OMG that canter is DIVINE!!!

Lovely mover but..... That loin connection is wonky. Not a fan. Maybe his back will strengthen into the rest of his movement, but there's something not right there. Either the horse is built downhill or his back is dropped. He dips downward from the loin to the saddle area.

3 members found this post helpful.

You can even see it in the walk. See 3:58 in the video.

Come on people. It's hype to sell horses.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes, random BB posters... You're right. I mean, look at his horribly downhill canter: http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri..._sezuan_01.jpg. A dressage horse he will surely never be. I mean, who would ever want such a terribly flawed horse? They might as well cut their losses and dump him off at the auction

7 members found this post helpful.

He is an amazing horse, no doubt!

But will he make it to grand prix? these huge moving horses usually have a huge difficulty when it comes to slow down and do the movements.

Also, such a shame he has OCD... Probably a lot of breeders will use him nonetheless, but the best ones will most certainly keep a distance from him.

1 members found this post helpful.

Yet NOT a premium stallion....because of OCDs..... http://www.eurodressage.com/equestri...rmance-testing
    I.D.E.A. yoda

Default Conformation Pictures

I think he's beautiful and would love to ride such a powerful horse - so long as I don't have to sit his trot!

For Spectrum and anyone else interested in his conformation: HERE is a link to his stallion listing with a conformation picture. They took his picture at a bit more angle than I would prefer. For another shot of Sezuan's conformation, pause THIS youtube video at 1:39/1:40. "Wonky" is not the word I would use to describe him

Most horses are beautiful when they run around spooked! Fancy leg mover, but maybe with a better rider he can relax and swing his back.

He's very beautiful to be sure, but my thought as I was watching, was how difficult that would be to stay with. My baby is a super big easy to sit mover not even in that league, and it's like sitting on a rowing machine.

I'm also thinking I don't think that would be an FEI horse. Is that conformation that will collect for FEI, or overexaggerated to get people to pay a lot of money young?

Hilda Gurney did a conformation seminar way back about just this. The biggest movers as young horses tend to not make FEI horses. She told the story fo Kathleen Raine's Avontour, who, standing, had kind of a funky, short coupled, high necked look. She wanted to buy another super big mover, that I knew of. Hilda told her not to because she wouldn't be able to collect. That super big mover did really well to about 2nd/3rd level, then stopped because he could never really collect. Avontour could piaffe/passage until the cows came home.

How common is it for a horse's paternity to be called into question (in this case he was found to be by a different sire than originally thought!)?

The canter is the centerpiece here. I wouldn't lose sleep over who can ride him -- would assume he'll have only pros on his back :-).
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog
    BTBbrowbands.com
    Unique browbands for dressage and hunter riders

That's not a trot I'd score highly due to the lack of back and abdominal movement. He has a breathtaking canter, but I don't see collection coming easily.
    I'd hate to ride such a horse every day. Breeders and judges seem to have lost sight of the fact that dressage horses should be RIDING HORSES. This horse would not be fun to try and 'stay with'
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

So you all would breed to a stallion with ocds???
    I.D.E.A. yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    He's very beautiful to be sure, but my thought as I was watching, was how difficult that would be to stay with. My baby is a super big easy to sit mover not even in that league, and it's like sitting on a rowing machine.
    It would not be hard because there is no back movement, He's a leg mover.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

"A leg mover" ??? LOL now I've heard it all. That's one heck of a pure, supple walk for a horse that "doesn't use his back" don't you think?. "Built downhill"?? Even if he is, who cares if he moves in a completely uphill fashion? Good lord people, the horse is a super talented 3 year old, can we just appreciate that ??

For those of you who aren't nuts here is a video of the young stallion at his first outdoor appearance with commentary by Andreas Helgstrand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdEB...ature=youtu.be
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Donella View Post
    For those of you who aren't nuts here is a video of the young stallion at his first outdoor appearance with commentary by Andreas Helgstrand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWdEB...ature=youtu.be
    Does that horse look like he has a capped hock (s)?

I'd like to see him under a more sensitive rider who could get the flexion at the poll instead of down the neck. Canter? Looks a lot like a saddlebred canter but I've been thinking for years that was the direction the euro breeders were heading. All in all he looks pretty miserable. JMHO. And yeah, goodpony, does look like something a bit extra on top of those hocks.