The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ont/Que/East Coast USA - What Sale Sites?

Just wondering if people in/around the above areas can chime in on what horse classifieds sites they peruse, specifically sites they would use for looking at horses out of province/country for US.

Farm in question is in Nova Scotia (beside Maine) and has quality hunter/jumper/breeding stock. Prices are generally in the range of 6k (some yearlings) to 25k (young horses backed or ready to go). Sometimes the odd broodmare (ie we have a broodmare now for less than 5k, and another broodmare/possible riding horse in foal for around 7k).

I'm helping out to place some ads and would like to know my top avenues so as not to waste time and money on sites that won't get the attention needed.

I suspect it's a lot more common for people in Canada to look at horses in the States rather than the opposite, but input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Anyone?

I'm originally from Nova Scotia but I must say I haven't gone back to Canada to buy anything since I left. I think it's very hard to sell young stock in this market much less get Americans to come to Canada. The U.S. market likes lots of the Canadian bred but i've only seen success when people send the horses down to a U.S, farm for sale. Maybe hook up with a trainer in ON or QUE. I have a very good friend who is a hunter trainer outside Toronto if you want a contact. She is also originally from NS. What kind of horses do you breed?
    You don't scare me. I ride a MARE!