The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Insta Hot Equine Portable Washing System

I was browsing Schneider's catalog tonight and saw the Insta Hot for the first time.

Here's the link:

http://www.sstack.com/product/insta-...ashing-system/

Anyone have one? Worth it? The price seems reasonable to me vs. installing and maintaining a hot water heater.
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

I'm interested in this too ?

I have one. They work great. I have used them in the outside wash rack and in the barn. I have given up to 3 horses a bath in one afternoon. It heats up great and keeps the water warm.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

You can get them cheaper at Lowe's/Home Depot under different brand/product names. They are all the same thing made in China.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

I haven't used one in relation to bathing horses, but have used one to make hot water for washing dishes/bathing at a hunting camp.

They can be a bit tricky to get working right between the water pressure and the heat element -- if you have your water passing by the element too quickly, you won't get hot water. The cart doesn't seem to come included -- if portable is key for you, it probably would be worth it to order the cart at the same time.

Otherwise, it seems like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    You can get them cheaper at Lowe's/Home Depot under different brand/product names. They are all the same thing made in China.
    I've been perusing online. Most of the ones I found for "human" use are the same price or higher, but I did find some deals on this model which looks basically the same:

http://www.amazon.com/Eccotemp-L5-Po.../dp/B000TXOJQ4

I really think I might try the Insta Hot (or similar)... seems like it might work out perfectly for my set up...
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

We have one at my barn at home - works really well and was relatively easy to set up. Definitely recommend!

I have one. Works great. It was really nice to have around last spring when we forgot to get our house propane tank filled. I would have had to take cold showers for 3 days. Instead I had my handy dandy water heater to use.

I just bought one this year b/c the new boarding barn I moved to didn't have hot water at the wash rack. I love my system, it works great and the plus is I'll have it to take to shows too.

I have one designed for camping in my barn...I use it for all my hot water needs. I think you can get a better price than that, and if you want it portable, mount it on a dolly!

But, the propane powered, on demand hot water is excellent! One thing to watch out for is what it does in freezing conditions...some are not designed to work if the temp is below freezing...fine for camping (I guess) not so cool in the barn, when I need hot water!
    TPR!
    Thoroughbred Placement Resources, Inc
    www.goodhorse.org

Quote Originally Posted by Texarkana View Post
    I've been perusing online. Most of the ones I found for "human" use are the same price or higher, but I did find some deals on this model which looks basically the same:

http://www.amazon.com/Eccotemp-L5-Po.../dp/B000TXOJQ4

I really think I might try the Insta Hot (or similar)... seems like it might work out perfectly for my set up...
    I got this one from Camping World, and made my own little rack for it with a utility cart and bungees. I tried using it once so far, and I can say that the hose it comes with is WAY to short. This means the scary hot water heater thing, which is not silent, is too close to the horse and the water is too hot.

We got a longer hose that DH needs to install, to see if that will help both with distance and in cooling the water down.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

That looks awesome! Glad to know other folks are happy with it. No hot water at my current boarding barn, this is an investment I feel like I would get my money's worth out of.