The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Google Chrome Issue - anybody else?

I use Google Chrome for all my browsing - well, except what I'm writing right now. Had to use IE.

Beginning this afternoon, every time I try to move from the first page I start on the COTH forums to the next, I get:

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
    Cookie
    /n"

My computer has had a problem with IE for over a year. The only way I can resolve it is to reload Windows, which I'm not about to do if I can use Chrome. Plus it has been nice using Ad Block.

Have e-mailed COTH also, but no response.

Think we've been thwarted? I live in the boonies, on s-l-o-w Hughesnet, and just can't have pages loaded with moving ads. Even if I wanted to see the ads, they are maddening and make it impossible to load. Same with many videos.

Nor do I want to be watching the annoying ads. Right now I'm getting mad at SmartPak even. Have some info on here I wanted to jot down before I left tomorrow for New England, and Equine Affaire. So had to chance getting on IE, to see what I info I could get before it crashes.

I was even blocked from attempting to pay for a Premium membership!

Anyone else?!?
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Hmm, I haven't had a problem with COTH on Chrome. Could you try checking for Chrome updates?
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

Just purge your cookies/cache.

If you want to be fancy, just delete the cookie for CoTH.
    "The nice thing about memories is the good ones are stronger and linger longer than the bad and we sure have some incredibly good memories." - EverythingButWings

CVPeg is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendations.
    Not sure what was doing it. I keep lots of tabs open, but have never had this kind of issue. Shut everything down, ran a virus scan and my spyware, rebooted. Looks good! Whew! And it was awful using IE. As each page loaded with the ads, it took forever for each page. I really would have had to leave COTH forums...or move!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I'm on Chrome. No problems so far.
    "Is it ignorance or apathy? Hey, I don't know and I don't care." ~Jimmy Buffett

I'm on Chrome too and can't use the post reply button on COTH, I have to use the quick reply. I also can't read any messages on FB unless I type a secure link instead of the regular one. I've done 12 billion things to try and fix both of these problems but nothing works so I just put up with it because I like Chrome so much better than explorere
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

I was having the same problem using the Dolphin browser on my phone. Had to use the much less pretty standard browser until MrB fiddled with it. I guess he deleted the cookies too and it's worked since then. Glad you got it worked out as well :-)
    (A decidedly unhorsey) MrB knocks over a feed bucket at the tack shop and mutters, "Oh crap. I failed the stadium jumping phase."
    (he does listen!)