The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    Not that I want to interupt your rant or muddy a good meltdown with facts, but you do realize don't you, that 8 of the 10 riches counties in the country voted for Obama? It's the Republicans that are the party of the middle class.
    I think your definition and mine of what's wealthy vs. middle class are probably different. Many people that I would consider wealthy consider themselves middle class because they aren't at the level of the super-wealthy.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by redalter View Post
    Actually, why don't you get over yourself? Wow.

How nasty are you? Even when you win, you are so small that you need to rub the salt in to those you feel you've bested.

Wow - you maybe should try to talk to someone about your anger or at least your personality.
    I'm not angry. Nor would I have been angry if Romney won.

It's a scary, scary time in this country when people can got so worked up over nothing and are unable to laugh at themselves. It means that as a country, we will bring ourselves down.

If someone had posted a letter picking on Liberal,elitist, latte-drinking, Prius-driving, NPR-listening Eaterner or Californian/PNWer OR poor GA-using, entitled, lazy and probably a minority - I would have found that equally funny. I just happened to get the "red state" letter...

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RacetrackReject View Post
    What if the majority of landowners in your blue state don't want to go with you? Surely we've all seen the maps showing how counties voted and it's mostly urban areas in many states that voted for BO (and no, I didn't vote for either BO or MR, but yes, I did vote.). http://www.theatlanticcities.com/pol...er-again/3829/
    I was just thinking the same thing - if the "ESA" only wants the blue districts, they're really gonna have a tough time feeding themselves. Though that would do wonders for the rest of us when we get to export all that lovely food and water that they're gonna need.

And I missed the requirement to be a old white man to be a republican. Someone's going to have to break it to my husband that he actually married a dude.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    I think your definition and mine of what's wealthy vs. middle class are probably different. Many people that I would consider wealthy consider themselves middle class because they aren't at the level of the super-wealthy.
    This post, where I merely explained why some people may have a difference of opinion on what makes someone wealthy vs. middle-class, got a bad rating? Really?

This post, where I merely explained why some people may have a difference of opinion on what makes someone wealthy vs. middle-class, got a bad rating? Really?
    Well, dang you. you post on this thread, I'm bringing you down with me!! (No, it wasn't me )

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Okay

Not angry? Okay.

If you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    I'm not angry. Nor would I have been angry if Romney won.

It's a scary, scary time in this country when people can got so worked up over nothing and are unable to laugh at themselves. It means that as a country, we will bring ourselves down.

If someone had posted a letter picking on Liberal,elitist, latte-drinking, Prius-driving, NPR-listening Eaterner or Californian/PNWer OR poor GA-using, entitled, lazy and probably a minority - I would have found that equally funny. I just happened to get the "red state" letter...

I think your definition and mine of what's wealthy vs. middle class are probably different.
    Definition of wealthy: Someone who has a nice house and more $ than me.

Definition of tax loophole: A tax deduction I don't qualify for.

Not angry? Okay.

If you say so.
    I'm not sure how you get 'angry from that. BTW, I accidentally quoted you again, went back and deleted it if that is what you are wondering about. But no, definitely not angry.

But I will say I am sad. Although this board has always been a rough-and tumble kind of place and requiring a thick-skin, the degree to which some people are getting offended and the anger they are expressing at a tongue-in cheek (to quote another poster) makes me sad.

Are these new results?

Sorry, I'm not being snarky, I just thought it was more like 50% to 48%:

http://www.bing.com/elections/state?...WA&form=bngeex
    Sorry, that's Miami-Dade county, not the whole state. There have just been so many numbers thrown around the last few days--270! 49! 54! 330! Gah! And in all honesty, the left side of my brain is an atrophied, shriveled little Craisin, so mixing up numbers is not exactly a rarity.

I
    But I also have heard the Republicans' so-called economic solution of pumping money into corporations and then the rest of us will be better off. My family wasn't better off under that policy with Reagan or either Bush, so why on earth would I think I'd be better off with it now?

...Would I secede? Not really, because we are stronger as a union which can share resources and ideas. But that doesn't mean I agree with the ideals of many in this state or this country. Starting with laws that allow discrimination and hatred. What are conservatives so afraid of?
    Another poor democrat and this is exactly how I feel about it. Trickle down economics results in an even greater concentration of wealth among the wealthiest. I think entitlement programs are a necessary evil in order to protect children who where not born into as relatively fortunate circumstances as I. In need of reform? Yes. But they shouldn't be gutted in favor of tax breaks for corporations and the very wealthiest.

I also own a handgun and follow NASCAR ( 99th percentile nationwide in my fantasy league thank you very much ). My Twitter handle is NASCAR_Hippie LOL
    Last edited by volvo_240; Nov. 8, 2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: posting from my phone SUCKS

Can I set the tariffs on coffee that goes through the port of New Orleans? Eh, we'll just set tariffs on EVERYTHING that comes through our port.

You won't see me shed a tear if the blue states secede. THere have been places in the south that have historically refused federal aid. Has ANY county in a blue state done that? I don't think so.

You also leave behind Loyola and Tulane, wild caught shrimp, rice and sugar cane. Pecans, peanuts, well like someone said, FOOD.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein