The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Another vote for the Tuff Riders! Love them and they wear like iron!
    It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

Thumbs up for Tuff Rider ribbed knee patch and Ovation Euroweave. The Tuff Riders are a little cooler for summer but plenty of stretch to accomodate silk underwear for cold days.

I have Kerrits tights for summer which are super comfy. Also have a closet full of Kerrits FS Flex Tights which I thought I really liked until I got a pair of TS mid rise Trophy Hunters. The Kerrits are now redheaded stepchildren and I wear that one pair of TS for every. single. ride.

You might check ebay for used TS if the thought of used breeches doesn't give you the willies. I actually just bought my daughter a pair of MH dress boots for $75 that looked brand new.

I love Harry Hall breeches, but they are so hard to find in the US. All of mine have worn like iron. I'm down to one pair now I will have to try the Horze breeches. I have lots of Kerrits tights, since I lived in a warm climate. Those are great for schooling, but not very warm for where I am now. I've had Devon Aire breeches that I really liked that lasted for years, and was thinking of getting more of them since I now live in a cold damp place where heavier breeches are a necessity.

Hoofy, check this out:

http://www.vtosaddlery.com/Merchant2...Category_Code=

In addition, I saw somewhere that VTO is having a 15% this week. Maybe I saw it in the off-course forum...?

Found it: "VTO Saddlery will be having a Rose Grey sale starting at 12:01 am Friday (11/16) and run for 24 hours. Couponcode is RoseGrey and discount is 15% off orders of 75.00 or more."

So you just need to buy three pairs.
    Last edited by Dewey; Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Default Grand Prix Hudson

I got the Grand Prix Hudson breeches on TOTD on sale, hoping they would fit like my TS Trophy Mid-rise. The fabric is nice but I was a bit bummed out that the rise was quite a bit higher. I will have to wear them around the house some more and decide if I can stand to ride in them since I can't stand pants over my belly button, lol. Otherwise they might be on their way elsewhere. The size was comparable between the two for me, 32L in both.

I am asking for a pair of the Horze breeches for Christmas, so we will see how those fit me.