The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    Oh...who ever buys her should be doing so with eyes wide open. Of course, the ones with perfect legs often seem lame all the time and those that look like they went through mill seem fine. Horses.
    Indeed. Mine (14 this year) popped out a similar lump on the outside of his LF and then another on his RF knee. No idea why, and he's still just as sound, but his history is a mystery and he's a life'r with me anyway.

I do like the look of the new guy judy added, Here Come Foxy. I saw him when I was browsing yesterday. Good thing Finger Lakes is so far from Oregon that it would be outrageous to ship here.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

I still like her as a brood mare prospect though....
    Last edited by elizabeth Callahan; Nov. 9, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth Callahan View Post
    I still like her as a brood mare prospect though....

I do as well.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

I love both of these horses but have not seen them this year. I'd love to see Cathy All the Way find a home in a hurry. She's worked hard, really hard, and like the Artaxes I know, she seems to have no stop. Very stoic and positive. She is a keeper.

If I can facilitate this sale in any way please let me know.

Earlier this summer I took an Artax mare home who was in very bad shape (hungry, covered in skin disease and lame in three legs) and she is the most positive, stoic horse I've ever met. She will never come sound enough to use as a sport horse but I'm making no effort to find a home for her because she's a keeper and I'll find a role for her here.

If no one here steps forward for Cathy I have one idea for her, but I have the same idea for a few others so I'd love to help someone here take her if possible.

1 members found this post helpful.

My heart breaks for Cathy... I wish I could bring her here to MA, but I'm full up.

I have a younger half-sister of hers (a Fingerlakes Finest from last year) who is living up to the "Artax baby" reputation.

She has been in full dressage training for a little under a month now and is one of her trainer's favorites. She settled right into work (yay track training!) and goes out to each session ready to get down to business. She improves literally every time she is worked; she's going to be doing big stuff by spring, and I am so, so pleased with her.

She is my first mare and is just so remarkably KIND. She tries so hard and doesn't keep a tally of what you've messed up. She forgives and quickly forgets.

I wish I could take her, I've kept an eye on her since she was listed. Unfortunately, my geographical situation is so uncertain for the next few months...moving to a city and having to board my current two makes me want to throw up, nevermind adding a third! I'll second SEPowell in that if there is anything that anyone needs to push them over the edge, in terms of adding her to the herd, contact me. I could probably keep her at my place for the winter, if necessary.

I saw Here Comes Foxy when I was up at Finger Lakes in the middle of October. Lovely horse, was full of energy that day but they had stopped training on him so he was just feeling good.
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

Default Lovely Promise

This gal has really caught my eye, I wonder why no one else has mentioned her? She looks like she's got a nice build, except for long pasterns. What am I missing?

Has anyone seen her in-person?

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/love...d-15-2-h-mare/

Default Well, I made an offer

So I called about Cathy today and told the trainer that if he needs to find a home for her at the end of the meet, that I would take her. I really don't need another horse, and it may fall through, but at least she would have a good home ..I'll let you guys know what happens

2 members found this post helpful.

I wish I had the luxury to take her on, I really do like her I just have 2 permanently lame horses already and couldn't take the risk that I may end up with a third that can't event.