The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Warm Up The Truck For These 2.. updated

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/cathy-all-the-way/

Be still my heart...on her pedigree alone this gal screams..EVENT ME...if she is 1/2 has nice and talented as my Artax horse who does not have the equaly desirable bottom pedigree this filly does. Huge withers w/ a shoulder to match....someone run and buy her...I am SO TEMPTED....is my tax returns ever show up...no more horses no more horses...See Post 14 for update

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/here-comes-foxy/ adorable

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/pret...ry/....Classic
    Last edited by judybigredpony; Nov. 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

I agree. Wow!
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Somebody, please make me stop opening these threads! I would love to have that girl.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    Somebody, please make me stop opening these threads! I would love to have that girl.
    Ditto!
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

Wow, check out her race record, she ran on average 2x/month during the season. With 58 starts if all she has is some "ankle rounding" that girl is tough, tough, tough.

If only my husband wouldn't divorce me....
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

I forwarded this to my trainer, who's name is Cathy

She just found another OTTB named "Kathy's Man" for a student, so I explained that we just *have* to have this girl in the barn too.

What a looker!

Didn't High Brite sire some event horses? I'm sure the resident pedigree expert will chime in.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

I would buy her if I could get shipping arranged. She is lovely!

Send her to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickelodian View Post
    We jump horses. Over sticks. For fun.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyway.
    Regulus RDL

I'm pretty interested in this girl. Anyone available to go take a look at her for me??

Need to start thinking about my next eventer since my heart horse broke his elbow 2 days after AEC's!

^^ I instigated and enabled that!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    Didn't High Brite sire some event horses? I'm sure the resident pedigree expert will chime in.
    I just sold a High Brite son as an eventer/jumper this July. A friend of mine is currently training/competing a High Brite daughter. Both of those horses have been absolutely amazing to work with and super scopey!

When I opened up the link that Judy had posted my first thought was "Dang, that horse looks familiar!" I was recognizing the halter from the FLF that I bought from the same trainer.

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.com/tanzillion/
    1. Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.

I called about her and she was still available so I called the track vet. One of them went over to look at her for me and called to say she has a LOT of fill in both front ankles and one knee. I chose not to continue with a full PPE, a little too much risk for me. Kinda sad...

Awesome broodmare potential.

1 members found this post helpful.

Her listing on the other FL site has a pic of her front legs, for anyone who wants to take a look.

http://fingerlakestracklist.proboard...lay&thread=731
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Double post, so instead I'll add that the meet ends in a month so I'm betting her price gets more negotiable by the day
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Quote Originally Posted by Action42 View Post
    I called about her and she was still available so I called the track vet. One of them went over to look at her for me and called to say she has a LOT of fill in both front ankles and one knee. I chose not to continue with a full PPE, a little too much risk for me. Kinda sad...

Not sure I would totally write her off. My mare's back hind legs filled like stove pipes to her hocks....but she is fine. It could have been anything.

I understand not taking a risk...and you stopping, but others should take it into consideration that it could have been anything that caused her legs to filled that day. I guess I'm more inclinded to find out if that is normal and shoot some xrays. Granted....I shoot xrays all round for anything I buy (and now always take some shots of their backs too).
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    Not sure I would totally write her off. My mare's back hind legs filled like stove pipes to her hocks....but she is fine. It could have been anything.

I understand not taking a risk...and you stopping, but others should take it into consideration that it could have been anything that caused her legs to filled that day. I guess I'm more inclinded to find out if that is normal and shoot some xrays. Granted....I shoot xrays all round for anything I buy (and now always take some shots of their backs too).
    Not disagreeing, but take a look at the photos on FL - what I can see isn't filling as in stocking up, or just uniform leg swelling, there are a number of lumps visible from the front and side views. Could be nothing and never cause an issue, but for a resale probably not ideal. She does have an adorable face, but those withers look like a saddle fitting nightmare!
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz 57 View Post
    Not disagreeing, but take a look at the photos on FL - what I can see isn't filling as in stocking up, or just uniform leg swelling, there are a number of lumps visible from the front and side views. Could be nothing and never cause an issue, but for a resale probably not ideal. She does have an adorable face, but those withers look like a saddle fitting nightmare!
    Oh...who ever buys her should be doing so with eyes wide open. Of course, the ones with perfect legs often seem lame all the time and those that look like they went through mill seem fine. Horses.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **