I have these things that are growing in three of my fingertips. They are hard lumps under the skin, and they can feel like glass slivers when pressed. However, I had partial removal of one, which proved to be a benign something, years ago; and the ancient surgeon who did it wasn't able to figure out how to get it all because he didn't have any idea of the margins.

Anyone else suffer from growths in the fingertips? If so, would I be advised to try a hand specialist instead of a younger general surgeon? All of the hand surgeon specialists that I've seen in this area seem to mostly do rheumatoid arthritis joint surgery. Would they do soft tissue growth removal when the growths are more aggravation than disabling?