The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Info on Fellers Drury - MS/LA/AL

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster (hence why i needed to make an account)
    Looking for any info on Fellers Drury - have heard nothing but good about him, but want to check.
    I am aware that he is a tad older and is no longer able to ride horses.

Thank you!

Fellers is still around. He is regularly at the local shows in Folsom, LA. I'm not sure about how to contact him, but I believe he is in the Gulfport area.

I haven't seen him in a few years since I am out of the area there, but I love him! He was always very nice and seemed to do a good job with the horses.

I see him all over the Folsom/Covington area. I can PM you his number if you'd like it. I've never ridden with him but have seen his students go. They're very loyal & good riders. He may or may not train out of Serenity Farms in Folsom, I know he trains the owners' niece there.

He doesn't ride anymore.

Thanks guys. I have his number. I am happily and unhappily moving to NOLA. Happy because it's awesome, unhappy because the horse scene seems practically non-existent.
    Will still be doing A shows with my trainer from home. Probably will board at City Park - don't like the sound of the trainer there, even though he shows the same circuit as I currently do. Fellers is currently training a junior there twice a week - I just want to do some lessons every now and then.

Thanks for all your input, he seems like a great guy - definitely seems like has a similar training style to GM and such, very classic.

There are a few barns in New Orleans, as well as a few trainers. Most of the horse activity consists of schooling shows in Folsom at Serenity Farms, Amen Corners, Lagniappe, and Hunters' Bluff, but the Gulf Coast Winter Classic series in Gulfport every February and March offers decent AA competition.

Fellers is a wonderful guy and is still active on the schooling show level. I would recommend that you contact Whitney Boyce. She is up and coming and is a terrific trainer. She is from New Orleans and has been active in the local horse scene for years.

Welcome to New Orleans!