The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Events with trade fairs?

I've been to the trade fair at Rolex, which really seems to love my wallet. Are there any other events that have shopping trade fairs that are worth the trip to watch and spend money on horse stuff?

I often do a fair bit of shopping at Fair Hill in the fall. The trade fair at Plantation Field CIC in September has been really growing over the past couple years and was very good this year. My favorite used to be Maui Jim, but that is no more, although I think the Lamplight shows have good shopping. Some years, the Virginia Horse Trials have good shopping and the trade Fair and Jersey Fresh in the spring is getting bigger. Not an event, but the shopping at Devon is amazing and I often go primarily for the shopping.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I was a little disappointed in this year's Fair Hill trade show compared to last - last year I remember several more tack stores that had good deals on breeches being right out front, but this year almost everything was confined to the tent, save the saddle makers and BoB.

Fitch's Corner (NY) has quite the trade fair as well - lot's of upscale (and non-horsey) goods. I haven't been in several years, but I remember Stuart having some good shopping as well.

I like the expos. Way more stuff and often very competitive pricewise.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com