The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Do we know of a current code / do let us know again if you get a 50% off code again!!! Please!

1 members found this post helpful.

SANTA1 is the current code. But I'm sure there will be more!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

I decided to take a chance and try their pad embroidery. I was disappointed to see the 50% off didn't apply to the (on the high end IMHO) $12 embroidery charge. But I wanted to see how it looked. They don't offer monograms, which is a little annoying.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by RolyPolyPony View Post
    Argh! My order STILL hasn't shipped! AHHHH!!!
    It probably has. They just don't do a very good job keeping their website updated. I had the same issue where my order still showed as being processed. I emailed them and they assured me it had been shipped - it indeed arrived a couple of days later. I wish they would just post tracking info!
    A friend told me I was delusional. I almost fell off my unicorn.

I have to say, I loff my Avalanche Fleece Rain Rug. I love the color and it fits him like a glove; even though I was nervous about the size of the neck.

But for $64? I got a steal of a deal
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Awesome thanks! I wasn't sure if the SANTA1 was still current.
    WCPorter, I'm glad you posted about the rain sheet because that's what I'm about to buy

Does anyone know why the blankets go from size 81 to 87? I wish they had in between sizing!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRogue View Post
    Awesome thanks! I wasn't sure if the SANTA1 was still current.
    WCPorter, I'm glad you posted about the rain sheet because that's what I'm about to buy

Does anyone know why the blankets go from size 81 to 87? I wish they had in between sizing!
    Because the other sizes are sold out.
    Well isn't this dandy?

Oh fair enough! That's a good thing because my 2.5y/o fits an 81 now but will probably finish up somewhere smaller than 87".

I just found it a bit unclear because there are sizes which are visible, but they are inhibited (I'm assuming representing they are sold out) yet other sizes (between 81-87) aren't represented at all.

This is good news!

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCAT View Post
    It probably has. They just don't do a very good job keeping their website updated. I had the same issue where my order still showed as being processed. I emailed them and they assured me it had been shipped - it indeed arrived a couple of days later. I wish they would just post tracking info!
    Really? Phew! That'd be a relief! Not only do a have a Secret Santa gift in the order, but a birthday gift!

OK, I love the stuff I ordered before. But...did anyone else take a look at the PDF of their catalog? They have SO much stuff in it that I couldn't find to order on the Website, like better looking helmets, for one. After seeing that vs. what they offer online, I was disappointed. I'd have bought one of the helmets in the catalog if they had it online, but I don't like the one model they do have to offer. Also, I understand how they've sold out of stuff, but why not at least offer the option to have on backorder rather than simply not getting anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    Also, I understand how they've sold out of stuff, but why not at least offer the option to have on backorder rather than simply not getting anymore?
    Because their factories are probably already producing the spring stuff. There is no more winter stuff to be made. So when it's gone, it's gone, which is ideal if you're a business, to be sold out of stuff.

Re: the catalog. I suspect that while they are running the 50% off sale, they pull stuff from the website that they cannot afford to sell at that price. I have noticed certain items disappear during the sales. Makes sense.

Also you have to remember that they're a brand new company and still getting set up in the US.
    Well isn't this dandy?

Quote Originally Posted by HenryisBlaisin' View Post
    Also, I understand how they've sold out of stuff, but why not at least offer the option to have on backorder rather than simply not getting anymore?
    Because their factories are probably already producing the spring stuff. There is no more winter stuff to be made. So when it's gone, it's gone, which is ideal if you're a business, to be sold out of stuff.

Re: the catalog. I suspect that while they are running the 50% off sale, they pull stuff from the website that they cannot afford to sell at that price. I have noticed certain items disappear during the sales. Makes sense.

Also you have to remember that they're a brand new company and still getting set up in the US.
    Well isn't this dandy?

I don't know about the other stuff, but I looked at the site several times when the sale wasn't on, and the helmet they had was still the only one. Honestly, why not just offer the stuff they don't mind selling at 50% of on a sale page at that price for a limited time and list everything on the main site? Seems like a waste of time/resources...

Mustn't....mustn't....mustn't....
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

I got their open front and ankle boots (in a lovely blue!) on one of their previous sales and just got to use them for the first time today.... I am in love! The fit is perfect, great style and seem very well made/sturdy. I got quite a few compliments at the barn!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRogue View Post
    They dont have any sizes between 81 and 87 - something about their European sizing. I asked them b/c my horses is an 84 - but the 81's fit him perfectly!
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

Just ordered spurs and nice spur straps for only $24 dollars! Including shipping!!
    Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

I've gotten two bits from them as well - a elevator and a pelham - both under 20 bucks with discount - and both really nice quality for the price.
    Barn rat for life

The Big Horse

how long is the shipping time taking you guys?
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Hah! Yup, the package arrived like 6 hours before I got the "your order has shipped" msg!! So it took about a week from order to arrival, and that was with something being monogrammed.

I am REALLY pleased with the quality of the stuff I ordered! The breeches I got for my mom - wow! I need to add those to MY Christmas list, though I need more breeches like I need a hole in the head..