The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Rate This Jumper and Her Friesian

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

2 members found this post helpful.

Wow! Beautiful!!! Like my sister's friesian, he can JUMP!!!!

I never think of my Friesian cross as a jumper, but if she is going to be a trail horse, I want her to be able to get over a log, etc. Also, it would be good for her butt, attitude, etc.

Just this weekend I asked my riding instructor (former eventer, now dressage trainer) about teaching her & she said she thought horse would be a good jumper. I was, I admit, shocked. Mostly b/c I think of my gal as more elephant than gazelle.

I will keep this pic in my head now. Although I don't think either of us will ever be this slick.

bareback and no bridle that I can see, but at least she is wearing a helmet!!
    Beautiful!

Very impressive, assuming it's not a photoshop creation. When I look at the shadows of the other objects in the picture, the horse's shadow seems NQR to me. It's waaay off to the side on the ground, with no shadow at all beneath him But if the sun were at that low of an angle, wouldn't he throw a shadow on those fenceboards too? (unless maybe they're a lot further away they appear).

"Assuming it's not a photoshop creation" ... what the heck... first off- it most certainly is a photoshop (or some other) creation... the whole point of the image is right out there for the whole world to see. It's not like they are trying to make a white horse look pink, or make a stallion handler's whip and shank vanish- the photoshop is just an artful tool of expression- not deception.

You just launched into "they must be trying to trick me" critical mode when it's totally unwarranted... if you were going to go through all the effort of photoshopping a girl who can't really jump onto a fresian who can't really jump- over a jump... wouldn't you make it a rainbow and a pot of gold rather than some kind of bleak mess of fences pegged into the arid landscape?

The horse's full shadow IS on the fence- it's the pipe fence next to the jump.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainandtall View Post
    "Assuming it's not a photoshop creation" ... what the heck... first off- it most certainly is a photoshop (or some other) creation... the whole point of the image is right out there for the whole world to see.
    Yeah, that's not motion blurr behind her.

The picture is of this horse- http://www.threedayranch.com/Sjoerd.htm

There's another jumping picture further down on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by gaitedincali View Post

Oh, yes. that picture above the jumping horse , the one with the horse's leg stuck straight out from this chest & shorter than the other legs, certainly is an "artful" expression..

I guess didn't think it was necessary to clarify that obviously the timelapse effect was photoshopped but for the record, yes, I understood that parts of the photo are fake. Wondering if any other parts were fake because the shadows looked weird to me does not seem outrageous, but we can differ on that. Lots of people doctor photos to show something amazing, without inserting unicorns or rainbows because, um, they want the photo to be believed. Gaited, thanks for taking the time to search the internet to find more pictures of this horse. And Dispatcher, that photo is truly bizarre. I'm sure it's real but it made me laugh nonetheless. Should be captioned: Talk to the Hoof

Kind of reminds me of the steve austin bionic man break-action filming.

Cute horse :=)
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...
    http://www.wvhorsetrainer.com

Quote Originally Posted by gaitedincali View Post

Oy. Tooting the horn a bit much?

I still think it's cool that he jumps, but that website is a little over the top! You see so much of it with the Friesian peeps. "My Friesian is the bestest *ever*; better than there *eva* was".

Quote Originally Posted by Daatje View Post

I still think it's cool that he jumps, but that website is a little over the top! You see so much of it with the Friesian peeps. "My Friesian is the bestest *ever*; better than there *eva* was".
    Occasionally guilty of same Love the pictures on your blog!

Thanks! I guess we all like to gloat over our horses at one time or another. The Friesian show horse crowd a bit more than most!

Speaking of blogs......I'm so guilty of not keeping mine current!

Thanks! I guess we all like to gloat over our horses at one time or another. The Friesian show horse crowd a bit more than most!

Speaking of blogs......I'm so guilty of not keeping mine current!
    So are we.... something about spending most of the time around the horses precludes, oh, uploading photos, writing content... little things like that

It's a sequenced shot, so you won't have sharp shadows.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

I'm not particularly a Fresian fan but that is a beautiful horse and obviously a nice ride and good partnership with the rider which is something to be proud of. Why does posting a bunch of nice pictures "over the top"? I enjoyed that website.

But I guess most people that are jumping your big, beautiful horses 5 ft bareback and bridleless hate to brag and therefore don't post your similar pictures for all to see...

2 members found this post helpful.

Love it, good for them.