The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default We need a new political party....

The NOBODY PARTY, everyone elected MUST be a nobody with common sense.. From dog catcher up. Take away government employee health care - would fix medicare in 5 min, take away lifetime pension - would fix social security, people making money NOT WORKING (investments) Pay HIGHER taxes than actual working money. And the big thing TERM LIMITS for EVERYONE, I'm tired of lifetime politicians.....

And stop this pendulum swing from extreme right to extreme left every 4 years... middle works better....
    " iCOTH " window/bumper stickers.
    http://bluemoongrafixva.webs.com

3 members found this post helpful.

There are lots of third parties, I even voted for one. However, the powers that be work very hard to keep them from being viable options. Self preservation and all that.
    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

2 members found this post helpful.

I say NO parties. I agree to all of your points and add:

ONE pot for ALL candidates to draw EQUALLY from for campaigning.

Get RID of Citizen's United and the buying of the vote.

5 members found this post helpful.

I suggest we have regional government entities and a president that is nothing more than a figurehead. Oh wait, I think we already have the latter.

Seriously. What is good for Detroit serves no purpose in Wyoming. What serves rural states has no impact in the inner cities.

Common sense. They know more about their way of life. We are now too big and unwieldy to be served by a president. One man cannot possibly know everything about the entire country. He would need to spend 47 hours a day just listening. He picks advisors with less care than I pick my shoes.

I wonder the cost of real estate is in Tuscany?
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ? Albert Einstein

2 members found this post helpful.

I agree. My brother and his family live in Switzerland and we often discuss politics. Switzerland doesn't have a president it has a 'board' of sorts. I voted 3rd party although some attempted to persuade me to "vote for the lesser of 2 evils." I'm sick of that rhetoric.
    If you have a poor mouth, you'll have a poor life. Joel Osteen

1 members found this post helpful.

Henrico, NC 36 30'50.49" N 77 50'17.47" W

I agree with no parties. The worst thing with our government now is the party system. I'm for a "Clean House" party. If you get put on a committee, and can't reach any kind of solution, you are fired and sent home. There should be a mimimum intelligence level required before you can even put your name in for a position. Any party who has their main objective as beating the other party should be sent home-fortunately, that's what happened last night.

3 members found this post helpful.

What we need is NO political parties....

This is supposed to be a UNITED country, not divided into pretty colors and ideals.

If we just voted individually, and voted in those we really like, and worked AS ONE UNIT, perhaps something would change.

This Us vs. Them mentality is what's undoing us....

And get rid of that damned mold encrusted electoral college crapola....
    "As a rule we disbelieve all the facts and theories for which we have no use."- William James
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Proud member of the Wheat Loss Clique.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by grandprixjump View Post
    people making money NOT WORKING (investments) Pay HIGHER taxes than actual working money.
    I agree with everything else, but are you saying that retirees who have worked and saved diligently so they can live off their retirement investments should now be bumped into a higher tax bracket?

I agree with NO parties. People need to think for themselves.

If a party does not have cake and presents (or at least beer) then I'm not interested.

G.
    Mangalarga Marchador: Uma Raça, Uma Paixão

I know that the EC had its benefits, but honestly, when one or 2 small sections of the nation control everything else because they have more EC votes, it really is saying that the rest of us don't matter. I think that each state should get either an equal # of EC votes with some mechanism for a tie breaker, or that this non sense of winner take all just stop. It is not right, for either party
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown