The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    As he said, women have ways of shutting that whole thing down. By not voting for your crazy selves.
    As seen on Tumblr this morning: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...s5cqo1_500.jpg
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    He's who I want in Congress. I'm so happy he was elected again.

This is the congressman who joined forces with Ron Paul for the Audit the Fed bill, and he was one of the key voices in congress who pressed for a real investigation of the foreclosure crisis. You might not like his outspoken style, but on the issues, few politicians can match his intelligence and clarity.
    That Grayson is Outspoken is no problem. I do have a problem content of his speech.

We will miss a man of Col West's integrity in Congress.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by fooler View Post
    Your 'we' must not include any American Muslims. For all of West's 'integrity', his anti-Muslim bigotry was relentless and odious.

4 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    Such amazing hyprocisy.

The Dem women just LUV Bill Clinton....who cheated on his, wife, raped a woman (put some ice on that) and insulted females left and right by his behaviour...but that's OK compared to idiotic comments. Dem women LUVed Teddy Kennedy, who killed a girl and was involved in a lot of female sexual harassment...but that's OK.

People that say idiotic things but did nothing criminal are in no way comparable to people who actually physically harmed women and belong in jail.
    I think you're presuming an awful lot about how anyone feels about anyone, except Mourdock and Akin, who are being explicitly discussed.

Continuing to express idiotic beliefs that downplay the impact and violent, criminal nature of rape is encouraging the behavior. That's why what Mourdock and Akin said is a problem. It shows a distinct lack of education, an apparent lack to get an education, and is propagating the same idiocy and beliefs in others who have the same level of education.

And while we're at it, how about let's remember that rape is not a problem exclusive to women.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

12 members found this post helpful.

However A Grayson was elected in FL after losing in the last election. He is not who "we" want in congress.
    "Grayson voted in support of the Hate Crimes Expansion Act, which expands the definition of hate crimes and strengthens enforcement of hate crime laws. He also voted for the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Grayson supported the Paycheck Fairness Act, a bill that allows victims of wage discrimination to sue for punitive damages."

Geez, yeah, I can certainly understand why you WOULDN'T want someone with views like that.

5 members found this post helpful.

Allen West was dishonorably discharged to avoid being court marshaled. That is some strange "integrity"...... He also called democrats communists. Nice, clearly he just wanted to work with the democrats. He is just more of the right wing nut jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Allen West was dishonorably discharged to avoid being court marshaled. That is some strange "integrity"...... He also called democrats communists. Nice, clearly he just wanted to work with the democrats. He is just more of the right wing nut jobs.
    No, he retired with full benefits. He paid a $5000 fine and had an Article 15 hearing. He did not get the big chicken dinner, (aka bad conduct discharge), and he was not court martialed. There are many people in the Dem party that have communist leanings-not all, not even most, but there are some in there...Besides that is his personal opinion, and he is entitled to have it, whether anyone else agrees with it or not.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/548368465RfewoU[/url]

She may not have changed the stars from their courses, but she loved a good man, and she rode good horses….author unknown

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm glad they both lost, but I'm sure they'll never figure out why. Akin and Mourdock will never change, and I can't believe so many people supported either of them.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    There are many people in the Dem party that have communist leanings-not all, not even most, but there are some in there...
    Welcome to the BB, Michele Bachmann!

Seriously, 'communist'? In the tried-and-true tradition of American Red Scares, would you mind naming names for those of us who might be unwittingly hoodwinked by these 21st-century apparatchiks?

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnalli View Post
    No, he retired with full benefits. He paid a $5000 fine and had an Article 15 hearing. He did not get the big chicken dinner, (aka bad conduct discharge), and he was not court martialed. There are many people in the Dem party that have communist leanings-not all, not even most, but there are some in there...Besides that is his personal opinion, and he is entitled to have it, whether anyone else agrees with it or not.
    His crimes-oh yes they are considered crimes- are allowing his unit to beat an Iraqi detainee and West himself firing his gun near the head of same detainee.
    But hey, "Democrats with communist leanings", sounds like your kind of guy. Glad others have thrown the right wing nut job out ! I guess it was people like you who got him in.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    Such amazing hyprocisy.

The Dem women just LUV Bill Clinton....who cheated on his, wife, raped a woman (put some ice on that) and insulted females left and right by his behaviour...but that's OK compared to idiotic comments. Dem women LUVed Teddy Kennedy, who killed a girl and was involved in a lot of female sexual harassment...but that's OK.

People that say idiotic things but did nothing criminal are in no way comparable to people who actually physically harmed women and belong in jail.

To paraphrase one of our (we're 2 warmbloods) favorite singers:

Bigot at heart,
    "Trakehner" is to blame,
    You give warmbloods
    A bad name (bad name).

Clinton and Kennedy, well all the Kennedys, had women throwing themselves at them. Like rock stars. A very different thing than the rape and sexual and religious beliefs of the republican candidates.
    Last edited by WildandWickedWarmbloods; Nov. 7, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkafriend View Post
    "Grayson voted in support of the Hate Crimes Expansion Act, which expands the definition of hate crimes and strengthens enforcement of hate crime laws. He also voted for the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Grayson supported the Paycheck Fairness Act, a bill that allows victims of wage discrimination to sue for punitive damages."

Geez, yeah, I can certainly understand why you WOULDN'T want someone with views like that.
    I understand why you like Grayson. Like him you speak without attempting to learn anything about the other person. In short both of you think you know everything about everything and so alienate many.
    His vote on the Lilly Ledbetter is admirable but does not offset his antics on the US House floor.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    Seriously, 'communist'? In the tried-and-true tradition of American Red Scares, would you mind naming names for those of us who might be unwittingly hoodwinked by these 21st-century apparatchiks?
    Here ya go: http://www.scribd.com/doc/35733956/D...merica-10-1-09
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

Quote Originally Posted by Eleanor's elf View Post
    Clinton and Kennedy, well all the Kennedys, had women throwing themselves at them. Like rock stars. A very different thing than the rape and sexual and religious beliefs of the republican candidates.
    Teddy Kennedy killed a girl and then got lawyered up before he even called for help...John Kennedy had the young female staffers giving B-jobs to older males while he watched. Bill Clinton raped at least one woman and left with his famous "put some ice on that" comment.

A pretty screwed up value system that a Democrat actually killing a girl isn't as bad as Republicans not supported abortion.
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"