The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Obama 2012

May the next four years be less divisive than the last four.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

23 members found this post helpful.

:-)

2 members found this post helpful.

Cheers to that.

Here's to less red and blue and more purple!
    SA Ferrana Moniet
    Not goodbye--just waiting at the end of the trail.
    My bloggity blog: Hobby Horse: Adventures of the Perpetual Newbie

19 members found this post helpful.

No kidding! Here's hoping that everyone can come together now that people can't focus on making him a one term president.

Yes we did!!!

And let the hate spew forth...

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post

May the next four years be less divisive than the last four.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".

1 members found this post helpful.

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

well, we can wish, but I fell it will only get more divisive, if the comments on FB are any indication.
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Quote Originally Posted by big_red_ottb View Post

Yes we did!!!
    And may I reply with a HELL yes we did!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyPony View Post
    In all my years of riding, gravity is the one thing that has never failed on me!

4 members found this post helpful.

Yes - all I can say is WOW really???

Quote Originally Posted by mroades View Post
    well, we can wish, but I fell it will only get more divisive, if the comments on FB are any indication.

I'm honestly gobsmacked at some of the FB things I'm seeing right now from people I respect (usually). Both sides. I'm kind of disgusted. Hateful, inappropriate stuff from both sides. I just don't like that. I'm thinking of hiding these posts on FB if I can figure out how so my step daughters don't see the posts. Even in 7th grade, they are feeling like having an opinion on this can make or break a friendship. That makes no sense to me.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

BuddyRoo, I have to admit that when my political filter stopped blocking those statuses, I started blocking them all by hand. It means my news feed is pretty empty tonight, but it saves so much aggravation.

6 members found this post helpful.

Block all you want Obama won ! Yes I am happy and Life Is Good !

I do hope people can take the republican party back-the far right took that party in a direction that is extreme. The victory of Obama states a clear no to Blunt, Akin, Ryan and Muordock.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    I'm honestly gobsmacked at some of the FB things I'm seeing right now from people I respect (usually). Both sides. I'm kind of disgusted. Hateful, inappropriate stuff from both sides. I just don't like that. I'm thinking of hiding these posts on FB if I can figure out how so my step daughters don't see the posts. Even in 7th grade, they are feeling like having an opinion on this can make or break a friendship. That makes no sense to me.
    I understand, I just resorted to unfriending people who couldn't maintain a civil discourse during the campaign.

5 members found this post helpful.

Let's make this a PURPLE country! Whooo Hoo!!

You know, any time you hear a crazy talking about taking this country down, if we EACH take on ONE of them and make them see right and work TOGETHER and DEMAND we get things done, we can do SO much.

Let's NOT let this nastiness and hate continue. New start. Let's teach people how to behave.

You didn't want division? Wow, did you get the wrong election results. Why on Earth SHOULD we compromise? Compromise means your side gives up something, too, but Democrats seem to think it means 'you shut up and do what we want.'

Thank God Republicans will still control the purse strings in the House. When your side is ready with reasonable, fair, logical economic policy that benefits earners, not takers (who need to start paying THEIR fair share before I'm willing to give up another dime), we'll be here.

And at least almost every proposal except the one we NEED (Prop 1) in Michigan failed. Especially happy to see the death of proposal 2.

3 members found this post helpful.

I want working TOGETHER, not division. That does mean compromise because no one is perfect in knowing how to do things. Working together means more great ideas. Hopefully, the R's, holding the purse strings will now FINALLY hold up to what they are saying and STOP increasing spending, like on military, decreasing income, and giving subsidies to big corps! If they would JUST do what they SAY they want, THAT would be great.

The R's have ALWAYS been the biggest spenders and increased the debt. I am a REAL conservative--I actually want to reduce spending.

Too bad Obama has been putting up R policy after R policy after R policy the last four years. Hopefully he'll now get some REAL conservative work done, get the spending down in the massive waste areas, get the debt down and NOT decrease income. I SO agree we need to get those who are paying NO taxes, or people who have NO job paying 13% to pay their fair share! I'm tired of paying for them!

Yes he won. We R have to change our platform if we will defeat the D in the next election.
    Question /why reducuce military spending? Are you saying that the people in uniform are not worth it? Are not worth new "stuff" , increas of salary they will be paid lower than their civilan counter parts. Or do you thnk that reducing our military to lower levels is ok?
    Where would you put he money "saved" from the military spending? just wondering?
    Friend of bar .ka

Quote Originally Posted by bumknees View Post
    Question /why reducuce military spending? Are you saying that the people in uniform are not worth it? Are not worth new "stuff" , increas of salary they will be paid lower than their civilan counter parts. Or do you thnk that reducing our military to lower levels is ok?
    Where would you put he money "saved" from the military spending? just wondering?
    Come on, bumknees, you know no one here thinks that "the people in uniform are not worth it." I want the United States always to be the world's strongest military power, but I don't think there is any question that we're spending more than we have to to do that. And I think that reducing the overall force size MIGHT be one answer, yes. As technology continues to advance, it seems to me that we would need fewer bodies, which is exactly the way it works in the private sector.

Some commentary on military overspending from a former Secretary of the Navy:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124787043032160493.html

I want people to shut their mouths and start LISTENING.