The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 587
  1. #521
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    I'm just catching up here so apologize if someone has already brought this up BUT....didn't Obama promise "shovel ready jobs" if TARP passed? You know, rebuilding the infrastructure? Oh, but didn't Wall Street, GM, and Chrysler end up with most of that money? I find it typical many of those that voted for him the first time around based on the same promises, voted for him again based on the same rhetoric? He didn't deliver the first time so why believe him the second time around?
    Since you quoted me, as someone else said, where do YOU live. Around here we've been doing MASSIVE infrastructure work on roadways, fixing bridges, the pipelines that blew up, and such. When I've travelled, I've seen a fair amount.

    Of course, if the R's would PASS this job's bills and make JOBS and fix things instead of demanding more money for war, that would help, and then complaining about the jobs. Sigh.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  2. #522
    Join Date
    Aug. 1, 2002
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,192

    Default

    A few thoughts....

    left wingers talk about equality, and free choice, and yet are quick to spew hatred towards anyone who disagrees.

    Right wingers talk about God, country, morals and such, and yet are just as quick to spew hate filled words.

    People talk about how our country spoke loud and cłear, but.....check out a map of results according to county.

    There is no winner here. A devided country is not a victory. I saw so much hatred on Facebook it made me sick, from both conservatives and liberals. Shocker here.....I have flaming liberals as friends and die hard conservatives as friends, and guess what???? THEY ARE ALL STILL MY FRIENDS. I just don't understand why folks have to have all of their friends agree with them all of the time.

    And what in Gods green earth is the point of arguing with someone in Internet Land anyway??? Does someone really expect to get "Oh my gosh, you are so right - I AM a blooming idiot!!" As a response?


    7 members found this post helpful.

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Jul. 9, 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Sooo...for all of you that voted for and support the Democratic platform, I have a question? Social issues aside, what do you believe he's going to do about the state of the economy?


    4 members found this post helpful.

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Jul. 9, 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freebird! View Post
    A few thoughts....

    left wingers talk about equality, and free choice, and yet are quick to spew hatred towards anyone who disagrees.

    Right wingers talk about God, country, morals and such, and yet are just as quick to spew hate filled words.

    People talk about how our country spoke loud and cłear, but.....check out a map of results according to county.

    There is no winner here. A devided country is not a victory. I saw so much hatred on Facebook it made me sick, from both conservatives and liberals. Shocker here.....I have flaming liberals as friends and die hard conservatives as friends, and guess what???? THEY ARE ALL STILL MY FRIENDS. I just don't understand why folks have to have all of their friends agree with them all of the time.

    And what in Gods green earth is the point of arguing with someone in Internet Land anyway??? Does someone really expect to get "Oh my gosh, you are so right - I AM a blooming idiot!!" As a response?
    Amen sister!


    3 members found this post helpful.

  5. #525
    Join Date
    Sep. 4, 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the Southwest
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Since you quoted me, as someone else said, where do YOU live. Around here we've been doing MASSIVE infrastructure work on roadways, fixing bridges, the pipelines that blew up, and such. When I've travelled, I've seen a fair amount.

    Of course, if the R's would PASS this job's bills and make JOBS and fix things instead of demanding more money for war, that would help, and then complaining about the jobs. Sigh.
    Do you understand it's not the government's bloody job to "create" jobs? Government by its very nature can only consume and destroy wealth, not create it. The government needs to get out of the way and unleash the private sector to do what it does best, create jobs and wealth for Americans.


    7 members found this post helpful.

  6. #526
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    6,750

    Default

    My DH runs a CNC machine for a company that makes bridges. Infrastructure. They're going hand to mouth, barely clanking along. They temporarily (hopefully) cut health benefits for their employees this summer b/c of lack of funds and rising insurance premiums. They're not exactly rolling in the Obama love for infrastructure crap... I hope that changes, and I will report it if it does, but any bone that gets thrown to the concept of needing a product seems to get kicked in the head by rising costs, taxes, and responsibilities for the businesses that create jobs.


    4 members found this post helpful.

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dressurpferd01 View Post
    Do you understand it's not the government's bloody job to "create" jobs? Government by its very nature can only consume and destroy wealth, not create it. The government needs to get out of the way and unleash the private sector to do what it does best, create jobs and wealth for Americans.
    Wow. You really didn't read anything I wrote. It all started with me saying we need to get OUT of the war business and get INTO the business of building our country. Rather than spending ungodly amounts of money getting out nose into everyone else's countries, into wars, and building bigger weapons, we should be building our infrastructure. The government needs to stop supporting the businesses that are getting rich off of war. Boeing needs to get out of being supported by government money to build bombers (someone had a fit when I wanted to "put" Boeing out of business) and actually use those resources for something useful in a real world, not one supported by my tax dollars.

    Amen, Freebird. I'm trying to explain things when asked, but the vitriol is insane.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  8. #528
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Wow. You really didn't read anything I wrote. It all started with me saying we need to get OUT of the war business and get INTO the business of building our country. Rather than spending ungodly amounts of money getting out nose into everyone else's countries, into wars, and building bigger weapons, we should be building our infrastructure. The government needs to stop supporting the businesses that are getting rich off of war. Boeing needs to get out of being supported by government money to build bombers (someone had a fit when I wanted to "put" Boeing out of business) and actually use those resources for something useful in a real world, not one supported by my tax dollars.

    Amen, Freebird. I'm trying to explain things when asked, but the vitriol is insane.
    Boeing is a hugely successful company supplying huge numbers of good paying jobs, supporting the families, the communities and the local governments wherever they're located. Yes, they have supplied military jets, but that's less than half their business. They build commercial jets that they sell all over the world.

    And yet with this economy, they're having to lay off workers, close some plants and consolidate others.

    Are you truly that dense?


    4 members found this post helpful.

  9. #529
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default

    minnie--argue with dressurpferd. I already explained this to you multiple times. Are you truly that dense that you didn't read and still want to be in the war business to save archaic jobs instead of changing and adapting to the new world.

    And, make your point without being an ass.

    dressurpferd meet minnie--She thinks that the government's job is to create jobs.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  10. #530
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    24,942

    Default

    The icon you used was the icon for "confused." That's where you said it. Go back and look.

    I was not aware the emoticons had actual names. But thank you for running off with it to accuse me of being stupid or a liar.
    So does that mean if I ever post the tongue sticking out emoticon, what I actually am "saying" is P?


    My comments are not over the top. They're the result of reading too many idiotic posts by minnie and yes, I said idiotic and I meant idiotic. So you're angry with one poster and feel that gives you the go-ahead to call anyone else Republican names and tell them to shut the f*** up? The right wing wackadoos (thanks to whichever COH poster first used that phrase) are going to have to accept that Americans like me who work multiple jobs, pay taxes, and love their country and their privacy are sick and tired of Republicans saying over & over & over again that we're lazy, that all we want is handouts, that we're sluts, and that the government will decide what I do with my body, and the government will decide who I can marry in City Hall. Both sides are sick of a lot of stuff. I also don't agree with the few extreme right nutjobs saying ridiculous, bigoted things. Do you agree with absolutely everything every Democrat has ever said? Uh-uh. That just got REJECTED. Stay out of both my womb and my bedroom, GOP, and calling me a lazy slut for raising two kids on my own and getting them both through university without one welfare check while working 2, and one year, 3 jobs, no, I'm not taking that from anybody, and after 26 pages of this thread implying that's all we Obama voters are, I'm not the least bit apologetic for letting the GOP supporters on here who feel that way know that yes, they're either lying or stupid.
    Careful, the halo you crafted in the first part of this paragraph is slipping. You're going with the "someone called me names, so I can say anything I want to anyone else" defense. I would use the questioning icon again...but I'm already stupid and you;d think I was a liar.
    If you don't listen to the right wing wackadoos, I suggest you do. If you don't feel that way, you're going to be shocked at what you hear. I listen to it all from both sides. There's a lot from both sides and in the middle that's just nucking futs. I do agree that the Reps screw themselves when they allow or support stupidity. I think ALL church and government should be kept 100% seperate. I think when a man has a baby or is commonly forcibly raped, THEN he can have a legal or political say on those matters and not before. I don't care who marries whom as long as both are consenting adults not too closely related. As do most Republicans that I know. And most sitting Reps. The few blazed across the media are fools and should be drummed out of politics.

    None of that absolves the Dems from their own stupidity, foolishness or ridiculous pandering. BOTH sides have asshats. The asshats do not define either party. I DO NOT lump all of either into any category and then feel free to shriek insults at all of them.

    dressurpferd01

    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat
    Since you quoted me, as someone else said, where do YOU live. Around here we've been doing MASSIVE infrastructure work on roadways, fixing bridges, the pipelines that blew up, and such. When I've travelled, I've seen a fair amount.
    Of course, if the R's would PASS this job's bills and make JOBS and fix things instead of demanding more money for war, that would help, and then complaining about the jobs. Sigh.




    Do you understand it's not the government's bloody job to "create" jobs? Government by its very nature can only consume and destroy wealth, not create it. The government needs to get out of the way and unleash the private sector to do what it does best, create jobs and wealth for Americans.


    Thank you!
    Last edited by MistyBlue; Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM. Reason: can't spell
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte


    1 members found this post helpful.

  11. #531
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    5,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carasmom View Post
    Sooo...for all of you that voted for and support the Democratic platform, I have a question? Social issues aside, what do you believe he's going to do about the state of the economy?
    It's called the job's bill that the GOP rejected.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  12. #532
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default

    Oh dear, mistyblue, are you going to argue with minnie, too?


    1 members found this post helpful.

  13. #533
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    minnie--argue with dressurpferd. I already explained this to you multiple times. Are you truly that dense that you didn't read and still want to be in the war business to save archaic jobs instead of changing and adapting to the new world.

    And, make your point without being an ass.

    dressurpferd meet minnie--She thinks that the government's job is to create jobs.
    No, I do NOT think it's the government's job to create jobs. The government cannot create jobs. It is the government's job to create a CLIMATE so that private business can create jobs without being overregulated and over taxed. It's the government's job not to IMPEDE private business from expanding. it IS the government's job to provide defense for the country. And they should have the best most up to date equipment available for that.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  14. #534
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    24,942

    Default

    No, I agreed that it's not the government's job to make jobs.

    Minnie doesn't like me either. Have no idea why, something to do with my not understanding what it's like to be married to someone in the military. At least that's what I got hollered at for.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte



  15. #535
    Join Date
    Jan. 26, 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default

    Oh, sorry. Getting confused. I tried to talk to minnie and she was all upset people were calling her names, and I said I was sorry that was happening. Then she started calling me names, and I gave up trying to talk.

    I guess she's arguing with herself now. I'm really confused. I don't want to argue, just clarify things for people. I want to talk about Dr. Who!


    1 members found this post helpful.

  16. #536
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    The icon you used was the icon for "confused." That's where you said it. Go back and look.

    My comments are not over the top. They're the result of reading too many idiotic posts by minnie and yes, I said idiotic and I meant idiotic. The right wing wackadoos (thanks to whichever COH poster first used that phrase) are going to have to accept that Americans like me who work multiple jobs, pay taxes, and love their country and their privacy are sick and tired of Republicans saying over & over & over again that we're lazy, that all we want is handouts, that we're sluts, and that the government will decide what I do with my body, and the government will decide who I can marry in City Hall. Uh-uh. That just got REJECTED. Stay out of both my womb and my bedroom, GOP, and calling me a lazy slut for raising two kids on my own and getting them both through university without one welfare check while working 2, and one year, 3 jobs, no, I'm not taking that from anybody, and after 26 pages of this thread implying that's all we Obama voters are, I'm not the least bit apologetic for letting the GOP supporters on here who feel that way know that yes, they're either lying or stupid.

    If you don't listen to the right wing wackadoos, I suggest you do. If you don't feel that way, you're going to be shocked at what you hear.
    wow. just. wow.



  17. #537
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Oh, sorry. Getting confused. I tried to talk to minnie and she was all upset people were calling her names, and I said I was sorry that was happening. Then she started calling me names, and I gave up trying to talk.

    I guess she's arguing with herself now. I'm really confused. I don't want to argue, just clarify things for people. I want to talk about Dr. Who!
    You'll definitely have to refresh my memory. I know I'm getting old and my memory's not as good as it used to be, but I truly don't recall calling ANYONE names. Not my modus operandi as a general rule.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #538
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    5,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    You'll definitely have to refresh my memory. I know I'm getting old and my memory's not as good as it used to be, but I truly don't recall calling ANYONE names. Not my modus operandi as a general rule.
    And I can pretty much guarantee I wasn't upset at anyone on a bulletin board calling me names. Surprised maybe. Not upset.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  19. #539
    Join Date
    May. 2, 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5 View Post

    It will go to bloated pensions to Gov workers so they can retire at 50 with 80% of their salary 100% medical, and a slew of other bennies that I can't recall right now.
    Watch it go the way of greece.
    I give it ten years before complete collapse.
    Your talking about Congress, right?
    It's only when a mosquito lands on your privates that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence. fb meme.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  20. #540
    Join Date
    Jan. 30, 2000
    Location
    SW PA
    Posts
    2,260

    Default

    Back in Lincoln's time, Republicans were democratic and Democrats were republican.


    I don't know what branch of the government gets the benefits stated above, but as a federal retiree, I sure don't get 100 percent medical and 80 percent of my salary.
    Proud to have two Takaupa Gold line POAs!
    Takaupas Top Gold
    Gifts Black Gold Knight


    3 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: Nov. 7, 2012, 04:41 PM
  2. Poll; Does Obama deserve re-election?
    By riderboy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 347
    Last Post: Nov. 27, 2011, 09:02 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep. 23, 2011, 03:36 PM
  4. Yet another election, this time for FEI president.
    By His Greyness in forum Off Course
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov. 5, 2010, 12:07 PM
  5. Thank goodness, Election Day is near!
    By Alagirl in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Oct. 31, 2010, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness