The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 587
  1. #501
    Join Date
    Dec. 29, 1999
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA USA
    Posts
    6,448

    Default

    Oh, lord, Colbert just ran video of Bill O'Reilly saying that Obama won because "there are 50% of the voting public who want stuff. They want things. And who is going to give them things? President Obama." Guess he got the memo that that's going to be the explanation of Romney's defeat.

    Well, women, not one word about the archaic views of the Republican party when it comes to women, gays, minorities. So much for addressing the real issues.

    And wait until you hear who these people are who voted for Obama only because they want handouts:

    “The white establishment is now the minority,” he added. “The voters, many of them, feel this economic system is stacked against them and they want stuff. You’re gonna see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama. Overwhelming black vote for President Obama. And women will probably break President Obama’s way. People feel that they are entitled to things — and which candidate, between the two, is going to give them things?”

    This is a disgusting, reprehensible, and totally false view of women, Hispanics, and African Americans and it is being broadcast on both radio and television EVERY DAY.

    Deal with that, Republicans, and until you do, you can just STFU about everything else, esp. about "the liberal media."

    btw, Colbert agreed with O'Reilly and says that Republicans aren't like women, blacks, and Hispanics. "We don't want stuff. And things. We already have stuff. And things."


    9 members found this post helpful.

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    24,600

    Default

    Bill O'Reilly is a moron. And is not the spokesperson for Republicans everywhere.

    But thanks for the STFU to anyone who isn't a Democrat. Guess this is The Revenge part?




    Is Colbert your news source?
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte


    4 members found this post helpful.

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    So, Romney wasn't the perfect candidate. But, how do you explain all the Senate seats. There's something profoundly wrong with the way the GOP appeals to (or doesn't appeal to) voters. They need to fix it.
    Because the Republicans offered some particularly pathetic candidates. If you remember correctly, almost all republicans repudiated a couple candidates and even tried to get them to drop out of the race.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Honestly, who cares if the republicans let the far right wing run their party....I am tired of being shocked. Carl Rove is saying that Obama supressed the vote and painted the Romney ticket as a millionaire who only cared about millionairs. DUH, Romney painted himself as such.

    And then there are the republicans on this board defending the far right wing and their platforms. Charlie Crist left the GOP and frankly Huntsman is too moderate to ever be considered for anything in this new GOP party and should leave as well.

    Maybe a Palin Bachmann ticket next ? After all it is the package not the message for the GOP.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Dec. 29, 1999
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA USA
    Posts
    6,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Is Colbert your news source?
    It was a videotape of Bill O'Reilly talking. So my news source is Fox News.

    Also saw video of Sarah Palin saying about the same thing. And in my earlier post I listed over half a dozen Republican sources including television, radio, twitter, and print. Each and every one insisting that lazy blacks, lazy Hispanics, and promiscuous (and probably lazy) women who want things & stuff and to sit at home waiting for their welfare check to come in the mail are the ONLY reason Romney lost.

    Revenge? Don't need revenge. Obama won. Wouldn't take revenge if Obama lost. Not wired the way the rabid right is. You say you're confused. You're either pretending to be confused, in which case there's no point in discussing anything with you, because you will continue to pretend in the face of overwhelming evidence that Romney lost because Americans are lazy, or else you really are incapable of comprehending simple ideas, in which case it sucks to be you.

    The Republicans in the media are THE most anti-American people ever. They bash this country all day, every day. I am so very glad that finally Americans have spoken up in the voting booth against this endless bashing of the United States. Well done, USA.

    Fox News slogan: "We Report, You Decide." Yep, America decided all right, and rejected the hate you broadcast every day. We can only hope that the intelligent members of the Republican party finally face that hate speech instead of helping them win, has this time guaranteed their defeat. Pretty shoddy reason for abandoning hate speech, but better than nothing.


    8 members found this post helpful.

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Oct. 12, 2005
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    3,653

    Default

    My dear, do you listen to the Democrats in the media? Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz.....ad infinitum. Pot meet kettle. Kettle meet pot.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2003
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    24,600

    Default

    Revenge? Don't need revenge. Obama won. Wouldn't take revenge if Obama lost. Not wired the way the rabid right is. You keep saying you're confused. You're either pretending to be confused, in which case there's no point in discussing anything with you, because you will continue to pretend in the face of overwhelming evidence that Romney lost because Americans are lazy, or else you really are incapable of comprehending simple ideas, in which case it sucks to be you.
    Where did I say I was confused?

    I'm a liar or stupid and it sucks to be me.

    For questioning why you feel it's okay to insult anyone not a Dem.

    All republicans are rabid and we can just STFU.

    Just getting it straight...trying to grasp the extent of your over the top comments and apparent hatred and the reasoning behind it.

    But then...I'm stupid, rabid and haven't shut the fark up yet.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte


    3 members found this post helpful.

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    42,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anne FS View Post
    It was a videotape of Bill O'Reilly talking. So my news source is Fox News.

    Also saw video of Sarah Palin saying about the same thing. And in my earlier post I listed over half a dozen Republican sources including television, radio, twitter, and print. Each and every one insisting that lazy blacks, lazy Hispanics, and promiscuous (and probably lazy) women who want things & stuff and to sit at home waiting for their welfare check to come in the mail are the ONLY reason Romney lost.

    Revenge? Don't need revenge. Obama won. Wouldn't take revenge if Obama lost. Not wired the way the rabid right is. You keep saying you're confused. You're either pretending to be confused, in which case there's no point in discussing anything with you, because you will continue to pretend in the face of overwhelming evidence that Romney lost because Americans are lazy, or else you really are incapable of comprehending simple ideas, in which case it sucks to be you.

    The Republicans in the media are THE most anti-American people ever. They bash this country all day, every day. I am so very glad that finally Americans have spoken up in the voting booth against this endless bashing of the United States. Well done, USA.

    Fox News slogan: "We Report, You Decide." Yep, America decided all right, and rejected the hate you broadcast every day. We can only hope that the intelligent members of the Republican party finally face that hate speech instead of helping them win, has this time guaranteed their defeat. Pretty shoddy reason for abandoning hate speech, but better than nothing.
    That sounds like bashing republicans by complaining that they bash others?

    So much there is just soundbites.
    Of course not all, on either side, are like the caricatures some want to make of them.

    Someone called that bias convictions.
    We believe something and some times, that is all we see, blind to the whole.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Mar. 11, 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Whoa! I hate to tell you this but you need to watch more Fox! LOL I listen to it in the mornings as background noise (I know, I know) and I heard a lot of political talk saying that the Republican party needed to figure out how to relate to women, minorities and gays if they expected to ever be taken seriously. I actually think it was Karl Rove that said it but I can't find a record of it on a quick search and I wasn't watching closely enough to quote it word for word. I agreed with the point, it stood out to me.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Dec. 29, 1999
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA USA
    Posts
    6,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    My dear, do you listen to the Democrats in the media? Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz.....ad infinitum. Pot meet kettle. Kettle meet pot.
    Me? No. I refuse to watch MSNBC. It's a lesser version of Fox. The only difference is that they don't blatantly lie. They rant, but they don't do things like for instance, Hannity going on a long riff against Obama, saying, "but when [Obama] said tonight that insurance executives are bad people, it took me back because it was so harsh, and I think unfair, but it's part of their polling. Let's roll this tape." Yes, Sean, let's.

    On the tape Obama distinctly says, "Without competition, the price of insurance goes up and quality goes down. And it makes it easier for insurance companies to treat their customers badly by cherry-picking the healthiest individuals and trying to drop the sickest, by overcharging small businesses who have no leverage, and by jacking up rates. Insurance executives don't do this because they're bad people; they do it because it's profitable."

    How many people watched Obama say that? And how many people didn't hear Obama say it but instead heard Hannity deliberately LIE about what Obama said?

    Case closed about the "liberal media."


    7 members found this post helpful.

  11. #511
    Join Date
    Dec. 29, 1999
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA USA
    Posts
    6,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    Where did I say I was confused?
    The icon you used was the icon for "confused." That's where you said it. Go back and look.

    My comments are not over the top. They're the result of reading too many idiotic posts by minnie and yes, I said idiotic and I meant idiotic. The right wing wackadoos (thanks to whichever COH poster first used that phrase) are going to have to accept that Americans like me who work multiple jobs, pay taxes, and love their country and their privacy are sick and tired of Republicans saying over & over & over again that we're lazy, that all we want is handouts, that we're sluts, and that the government will decide what I do with my body, and the government will decide who I can marry in City Hall. Uh-uh. That just got REJECTED. Stay out of both my womb and my bedroom, GOP, and calling me a lazy slut for raising two kids on my own and getting them both through university without one welfare check while working 2, and one year, 3 jobs, no, I'm not taking that from anybody, and after 26 pages of this thread implying that's all we Obama voters are, I'm not the least bit apologetic for letting the GOP supporters on here who feel that way know that yes, they're either lying or stupid.

    If you don't listen to the right wing wackadoos, I suggest you do. If you don't feel that way, you're going to be shocked at what you hear.


    10 members found this post helpful.

  12. #512
    Join Date
    Sep. 7, 2009
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    19,517

    Default

    There are moderates, there are conservatives, and then there is the radical right. I believe most of us are referring to the radical right as the out there whackadoos, not moderates and conservatives.

    The problem is, they've appeared to have hijacked the party.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant


    10 members found this post helpful.

  13. #513
    Join Date
    May. 2, 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    This is true, but it's the idea of using the money and resources we have for something we really need. Our infrastructure is in BAD shape. There's a show on the history channel that looks at our failing infrastructure in all ways, and they grade it as a D- right now. We haven't put the money into the really necessary things we need. The one I saw was on the waterways on the east coast and how they are falling apart. I live across the bay from San Bruno--I saw that explosion and fire go for hours. We need to move our resources from fighting and posturing around the world to building the basics of our country.

    This is not the government creating jobs, but taking the focus from building bombers and paying fighters, which do not in themselves create jobs, to building airports and roads and waterways so businesses can come in and use those resources.

    And we need to stop the hystrionics of the world's going to end because your guy didn't win and think you're going to be microchipped like your dog because we're moving into the 20th century (yes, I know it's the 21st) and not keeping records on paper.

    I'm just catching up here so apologize if someone has already brought this up BUT....didn't Obama promise "shovel ready jobs" if TARP passed? You know, rebuilding the infrastructure? Oh, but didn't Wall Street, GM, and Chrysler end up with most of that money? I find it typical many of those that voted for him the first time around based on the same promises, voted for him again based on the same rhetoric? He didn't deliver the first time so why believe him the second time around?
    "I'm a loner, and a loner's got to be alone." Geiko


    3 members found this post helpful.

  14. #514
    Join Date
    Feb. 28, 2001
    Posts
    15,232

    Default

    Counting the days to the next unemployment report...and debt total.

    America won alright...won slavery to China if they will have us.


    6 members found this post helpful.

  15. #515
    Join Date
    Jun. 16, 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    3,469

    Default

    Calamber- You pretty much summed up the mans character and we do need the banks reined in.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6


    1 members found this post helpful.

  16. #516
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    I'm just catching up here so apologize if someone has already brought this up BUT....didn't Obama promise "shovel ready jobs" if TARP passed? You know, rebuilding the infrastructure? Oh, but didn't Wall Street, GM, and Chrysler end up with most of that money? I find it typical many of those that voted for him the first time around based on the same promises, voted for him again based on the same rhetoric? He didn't deliver the first time so why believe him the second time around?
    We had a good number of TARP projects that were infrastructure projects in my area that employed many people. What is not to believe ?


    3 members found this post helpful.

  17. #517
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LMH View Post
    Counting the days to the next unemployment report...and debt total.

    America won alright...won slavery to China if they will have us.
    Crackers with that whine ?


    9 members found this post helpful.

  18. #518
    Join Date
    Feb. 28, 2001
    Posts
    15,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    Crackers with that whine ?
    Are you paying? SURE!

    Let me break this down for you...

    We need for unemployment to go DOWN...I don't think that will happen under Obama since it has not so far.

    We need the debt to NOT go up--again..no faith in that.

    IF the debt goes UP it means we are owned (again, more) by China....when you are owned my someone you are enslaved to them.

    Bouncing ball...bouncing ball...


    5 members found this post helpful.

  19. #519
    Join Date
    Nov. 18, 2010
    Location
    california
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    LMH-we all get that you have no faith and we are all going to be slaves to China yadda, yadda, yadda,

    I don't think you need to break anything down for anyone, we keep reading the same posts from you and several others....


    3 members found this post helpful.

  20. #520
    Join Date
    Feb. 28, 2001
    Posts
    15,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    LMH-we all get that you have no faith and we are all going to be slaves to China yadda, yadda, yadda,

    I don't think you need to break anything down for anyone, we keep reading the same posts from you and several others....
    your response indicated otherwise.


    2 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: Nov. 7, 2012, 05:41 PM
  2. Poll; Does Obama deserve re-election?
    By riderboy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 347
    Last Post: Nov. 27, 2011, 10:02 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep. 23, 2011, 04:36 PM
  4. Yet another election, this time for FEI president.
    By His Greyness in forum Off Course
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov. 5, 2010, 01:07 PM
  5. Thank goodness, Election Day is near!
    By Alagirl in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Oct. 31, 2010, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness