The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stolen virtue View Post
    We had a good number of TARP projects that were infrastructure projects in my area that employed many people. What is not to believe ?

Funny, nothing here. Do you live in one of the swing states?
    "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?" Julian Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Since you quoted me, as someone else said, where do YOU live. Around here we've been doing MASSIVE infrastructure work on roadways, fixing bridges, the pipelines that blew up, and such. When I've travelled, I've seen a fair amount.

Of course, if the R's would PASS this job's bills and make JOBS and fix things instead of demanding more money for war, that would help, and then complaining about the jobs. Sigh.
    You know where I live, it's on my profile. Glad you are experiencing "shovel ready jobs" where you live b/c it's not happening here. Lot's of low paying service jobs are being offered in my state but what about work for older, highly educated people here? Nothing. Oh, my background is highly skilled blue collar jobs but nothing for older workers. I've worked in male-dominated jobs my entire life however, I'm currently finishing my Masters.
    I face non-employment in both sectors-too old for either one.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    No, I agreed that it's not the government's job to make jobs.

Minnie doesn't like me either. Have no idea why, something to do with my not understanding what it's like to be married to someone in the military. At least that's what I got hollered at for.
    HEY MISTYBLUE! WE AGREE! And I honestly don't dislike you!

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, I hope you'll be on your representative to pass the jobs bills so your freeways can get fixed, too!

I heard on the radio that South Dakota, I think, is desperately looking for workers of all levels. They're doing everything they can to recruit people to move there. I wish I could remember the state!

Here it is! http://www.yankton.net/articles/2011...4619620778.txt

And, make your point without being an ass.
    Back at ya....

2 members found this post helpful.

kathy--That was for Minnie who called me dense because she can't read.

I just gave you a whole JOBS site!

Quote Originally Posted by Calamber View Post
    Are you kidding, a man who lies like this one does, violates the US Constitution so many times.... Respect for the office, yes, respect for this killer? Not only no, but hell no.....
    These are very dangerous times. ...... Obama can still be impeached or removed.
    Agree with you on these points above, the others not so much.

If Hillary had won the nomination in 2008 and became president, and was re-elected, no one - NO ONE- would be as upset as half the country is now. No one would be saying "What a sad day for our country" as so many are now. Obama's relection has hit the country hard, no matter if you voted for him or not. We will all feel the negative repercussions.

I've always felt that with Mr. Obama, something wasn't "quite right". It's just my intuition ...there's something about his character and temperment that isn't
    sound.

Recent example: Benghazi. After the services at Andrews AFB for the famlies of those killed, the president flew to Las Vegas for a fundraiser. This was very odd behavior for a president in light of the crisis unfolding. At the time, as I watched the news, I asked myself why would he do that ? He should cancel his trip and stay in the White House as a leader, and out of respect to those killed (one of whom was his ambassador !)

The only explanation for his behavior that made any sense was that he was, in some way, complicit with the tragedy. He knew the truth behind the attack. Why else would he carry on with business as usual ?

I felt this to be true to my core, and emailed friends that night and told them what I believed. Since then, much as been uncovered, and it turns out he did know what was happening in Benghazi in real time, knew the seriousness of it, and knew that it was NOT related to an obscure video...although he said the opposite to the families at Andrews that day.

And so knowing all that, he STILL chose to leave the White House (his office) and head to Vegas, while the mideast was erupting before our eyes.

It's that kind of decision that leaves me cold, and tells me that "something isn't quite right."
    Last edited by Mardi; Nov. 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

6 members found this post helpful.

See Dick. See Dick run. Run Dick run.

I learned how to read a looooonnnnnnggg time ago!

Sorry I asked you if you were dense. Obviously you just have a little problem with comprehension. In this economy, I think it shows pretty bad taste to be applauding layoffs and plant closings and all the pain it must be causing those people losing their jobs and the hardship it will cause their communities. Guess it made me a little testy. Personally, I feel sorry for that kind of contraction.

4 members found this post helpful.

BTDT- thank you but please, quit picking on Minnie, ok? She CAN read however, maybe we all need to sit back and breathe. I'm sure she's a pretty smart lady, just like you. Different views shouldn't cause nasty dissension. Minnie has done a wonderful job of expressing her point of view.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    Boeing is a hugely successful company supplying huge numbers of good paying jobs, supporting the families, the communities and the local governments wherever they're located. Yes, they have supplied military jets, but that's less than half their business. They build commercial jets that they sell all over the world.

And yet with this economy, they're having to lay off workers, close some plants and consolidate others.

Are you truly that dense?
    Refresh of memory. This is name-calling.

I don't engage Minnie anymore Kathy because this happens over and over. I don't care about the different views. I care about the name-calling when she won't listen.

Note she is calling me names because she thinks the government should be creating jobs, and then in the next posts she says the opposite. See the problem?

Refresh of memory. This is name-calling.

I don't engage Minnie anymore Kathy because this happens over and over. I don't care about the different views. I care about the name-calling when she won't listen.

Note she is calling me names because she thinks the government should be creating jobs, and then in the next posts she says the opposite. See the problem?
    See, reading comprehension. Asking if you were that dense is NOT calling you a name.

And I never ever said the government should be creating jobs. If you read for comprehension, the government PURCHASES military jets for the DEFENSE of the country. It doesn't create jobs. Get the difference?

Yeah. Some of my family is in that business. It's GOOD we're getting out of the defense/war "business." Just imagine what great new, better focused businesses could come out of all those great minds and resources not focused on killing other people!

It's a fallacious argument. It's like bemoaning the closing of a typewriter factory or the whaling industry. Some businesses need to go away because it is no longer a valid industry. I don't think war and killing is a valid industry, and if we have to do it, we are WAY more modern that building giant planes to bomb people, or whatever.
    This is one of the MANY times I've explained this.

*head desk* *head desk*

That's a good sign! Maybe we'll get out of the war and be in the rest of the world's business business and get into country building. I'd rather those companies close down so we can put people to work here, doing things for this country.
    I explained it here. Notice it didn't say anything about putting people out of work, but of doing more USEFUL work.

See why I don't bother? No, asking if someone is dense is not name calling. Noooo.

Asking someone to not act like as ass is not name calling, either.

head desk head desk

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    See Dick. See Dick run. Run Dick run.

I learned how to read a looooonnnnnnggg time ago!

Sorry I asked you if you were dense. Obviously you just have a little problem with comprehension. In this economy, I think it shows pretty bad taste to be applauding layoffs and plant closings and all the pain it must be causing those people losing their jobs and the hardship it will cause their communities. Guess it made me a little testy. Personally, I feel sorry for that kind of contraction.
    See. Losing jobs because people aren't buying planes for war. Sigh.

I'm done with this. Carry on whichever way you will go.

2 members found this post helpful.

BTDT-I would not bother with Minnie she does insult people. "Obviously you just have a little problem with comprehension."

Coming from someone babbling about the government putting microchips into people, well consider the sourse.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by carasmom View Post
    The democratic ads in Ohio were horrendous, not one Obama ad outlined his plan to aid in the ecomonic recovery or what his plan was for the next 4 years. They based their ad campaign on fear, fear of losing their "Obama phones", food stamps, Medicaid checks and taking away SS. So please, don't try that approach, it doesn't work. The majority of Ohio counties voted for Romney who are hard working small town Americans who care about this country. And, look at Kentucky, most of Kentucky felt that way too. My views should not be diminished or dismissed just because I happened to vote for the other candidate. I have no hate for Obama, I just don't agree wth his policies or the way he has governed this country for the past 4 years. Again, almost half of the country voted Romney and voicing our concerns is a still a right in this country!
    Since "Obama Phone" does not really exist (yes, there is a low income phone assistance program, but it was not Obama that started it), why would an approved Obama campaign ad talk about it?

I am just ashamed to have a president who spends so much time going on fluffy talk shows that he doesn't have time for meeting with the Prime Minister of our only ally in the middle east and he doesn't have time for daily security briefings. Sorry, dude, that is your JOB. Ditch the nasty hags on "the view" and get your backside busy figuring out what to do about things like the Iranian fighter jets that tried to shoot down one of our drones the other day. Over international waters. That is an act of war...what are you going to do about it? I mean, thank goodness it was a drone because if someone actually died you'd have to think up a cover story about a video or something. Maybe you could blame it on Top Gun?

In an era of massive unemployment and poverty, your state dinners are so lavish that congress is starting to ask questions. Aren't you the guy that is so "in touch" with the poor? And how DOES Michelle explain her former job to people? "Well, I'm not working now, just taking incredibly expensive vacations at taxpayer expense. But back in Chicago, I worked at a hospital. No, I didn't help anyone but the hospital's bottom line - my job (for over 300k per year) was to make sure the people with no insurance or too little insurance got a ride to another hospital so they wouldn't slum up the place with their low-class presence. But I called the program something nice and packaged it so it sounded like a public service! A couple of those people I shuffled off to other hospitals were probably suffering from hypothermia - see, my husband Barry was the lawyer for this guy Arthur Brazier who pushed some families out of their slum housing in the middle of the Chicago winter 1994 when the daytime temps were below zero. Of course, by that time they hadn't had heat or running water in close to a month, so they were better off moving on. Hey we made a lot of money, so what's the big deal about pushing poor folks out of their homes in the dead of winter, and out of this nice hospital? Surely they will be more comfortable at another facility down the road with their own kind, right?

I'm also deeply ashamed that the sitting president of the US contributed to the sub prime mortgage mess then has the nerve to blame the economy and recession on everyone but himself. Hell, it's been FOUR YEARS and he's still stuck in "blame Bush" mode even though the economy didn't start to tank until the DEMS took control of congress the last two years of Bush's tenure in office. Barry is quick to forget he was party to forcing banks to give sub prime home loans to unqualified parties back in the day. Not surprisingly, those loans largely ended in bankruptcy or foreclosure. Turns out that if you can't pay your mortgage, you can't pay. It doesn't matter where you live or what your skin color is if you simply can't make the payments, and forcing banks into making those loans didn't change the fortunes of the individuals who received the loans in question. Instead, all the fanny/freddie loans to people who lacked the qualifications to repay them took down the entire housing industry and plunged the US into an economic mess. Now granted, Barry was only responsible for a couple hundred of those loans himself, but you sure don't hear him taking ANY of the blame, do you?

I would just like ONE politician with the balls to stand there and say "hey, I made a mistake. I am human, and it looks like we went the wrong direction here. Now we are going to figure out a new direction to try and fix things, but it is going to mean more work and less handouts."

It won't be Obama. He's incapable of accepting responsibility for anything. Heck, he can't keep his own promise that if it isn't fixed in three years, he would be a one-term president. Oh, did I say THAT?

Yep, I am unhappy that it is going to be another four years before we have the opportunity to elect someone who is truly a leader and not an apologetic sheep. Unfortunately, I doubt our country has any chance at this point of ever being the nation envisioned by the men who bled and died to secure its freedom.
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy s. View Post
    Funny, nothing here. Do you live in one of the swing states?
    My parents live in one of the reddest of red states -- they have infrastructure programs out the wazoo and have for years.
    According to the Mayan calendar, the world will not end this week. Please plan your life accordingly.