The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    Well the kicker for me is that Mom was never really a "motherly" type when we were sick as kids so I don't know why I felt the need to call her.
    Mine wasn't either, and she's only gotten less so as we've gotten older. The last time I was sick at her house, I did the "talk to mom" thing and said "Ugh ... I'm sick!!" I was hoping for "Aww! Poor baby!" Instead, I got "I know."

I still sometimes call her when I'm sick anyway. Heh. Hope springs eternal!

BuddyRoo, I hope you get to feeling better in a hurry. I have been where you are -- miserably sick while having to move and clean and pack and do everything related to moving -- and it is the worst ever. Take good care of yourself! Is there anyone you can call over to help you out?
    Nanakorobi yaoki: Seven times fall, eight times rise.
    http://reveilleandrinsie.blogspot.com

R- no, not really as far as help. My mom is 7 hours away and feels horrible for not coming to help sooner but really, as I told her, having her here would have just made me feel like i needed to entertain someone!

I really don't have anyone close other than my husband's sister down the road and she has her hands full with 4 kids. So....

I just need to suck it up and knock this out. The MOMENT I get on the road, it's going to be okay.

I Just have to get to that point!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Well, if you really don't feel like you can drive right now, don't. What you have can turn nasty pretty quick and it's a long drive for you to get here.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have,
    at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Yep.

I talk to my mom a couple times a week, so if I get an average cold she can tell right away when I answer the phone.

Last summer I came down with this awful virus - fever over 100 for a week straight, slightly stuffy nose, hacking up stuff, vomited the antibiotic prescribed to me, halfway delirious because I was sure my brain was internally frying...

My mother, bless her, had such sympathy for me, but stagnantly refused to drive 2.5 hours to Columbus when I whined pathetically on the phone. She loves me and I don't know what I'd do without her
    Lucy (Precious Star) - 1994 TB mare; happily reunited with her colt Touch the Stars

BR- moving is supposedly the most stressful thing in one's life besides the death of a close relative. And you are embarking on a huge one. And you just dropped 4K on a old dog whose still not fixed, and you need him to be well right now and comforting you! Be kind kind kind to yourself.