The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Well, my old dream was to compete at Prelim successfully.

I have scaled my dream back to just having a sound horse I can ride and compete at pretty much ANY level.

to obtain a dressage score in the 20's

I would love to be in a place in my life I could compete UL. It seems like such a huge effort just to keep a horse (and myself) fit enough, sound enough, and have a big enough bankroll.

Realistic short(ish) term goal:
    Buy my first horse
    Compete in my first event

"Hey a girl can dream" goals:
    Own a little farm and a few horses
    Compete at Prelim
    Make enough money writing books to support my dreams

My horse-related dream is to have a horse again. I'd love to be able to compete solidly at Training and complete one Prelim. I'll settle for being able to have a horse again!
    ***Honorary Member of the "What is BOSS?" Cult...er...CLIQUE***
    ***Prominent Member of the 'Irrelevent Posters Clique'***
    CrayolaPosse ~ Bluegreen

Quote Originally Posted by EventingJ View Post
    to obtain a dressage score in the 20's
    This!
    Delaware Park Canter Volunteer
    http://www.canterusa.org/

1 members found this post helpful.

Next year - complete a starter level event. Eventually I want to get to at least BN - I don't dream too high. After that, I'd like to just focus on getting better at my skills and getting better scores!

I want to purchase a horse property with my husband, buy two horses, ponies for our kids when they're old enough, and event capably at novice and hunt in the fall. In the short time, I'd like to fast track the having of our second child so we can start making inroads on the horsey end of our dreams.

Long term dream and goal - compete at a long format T3D. Will have to cross the border for that one

Short term goal - place at a recognized HT with my current horse at any level
    All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    http://theimperfectperfecthorse.blogspot.com/

2 Dream's- 1) Own a North Forks Cardi baby 2) Compete in a T3D!

This thread made me cry. Touching stories.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

I had a dream once that George Morris told me I was a good rider and that he liked my horse. Maybe one day I can make that happen. Assuming the man lives until he's 90.

My current dream is to qualify for the AECs and the regional dressage championships and eventually run a Training 3-Day. Eventually I would love to ride at the Olympic level, but I have a feeling it would be in dressage, not eventing- I'm not sure I have enough guts for the four star fences!

Riding- to take the youngster that I selected, started and have brought along myself as far as I can. Just finished a successful season at Training so in bootcamp for winter to step to Prelim and hopefully a * later in season. I'd love to ride a dressage test without my not-so-nice inner critique bashing myself the whole ride...

My long term goal is to be as much a horseman and coach/mentor to others as mine have been to me. I have been given such wonderful mentors that blow me away by their absolute thorough knowledge of all things horse! If I can get the opportunity to make a difference in a young riders life the way mine have done for me (both for riding and life in general) I would truly be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by RWR View Post
    2 Dream's- 1) Own a North Forks Cardi baby 2) Compete in a T3D!
    He does make some nice babies! I'm breeding my TBx mare to him this spring.
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.
    Cowboy saying

Okay, I'll chime in here (on behalf of all the oldsters, whose prime time has come and gone, and who are faced with the harsh reality of having to realize and embrace their limitations. In this group, we do NOT include the likes of Karen O'C, Bruce Davidson, Mary King, Mark Todd, Denny Emerson, et al, for whom this is a vocation as well as an avocation, and who are freakish superhumans who regularly defy both the laws of physics and the curse of aging--or at least appear to.)

When I was a teenager in Pony Club back in the 60's and 70's (foxhunting, riding out across country, going to rallies, jumping huge and often less than substantial x-country fences while preparing for my "A"), everything was easy, I felt great, and there was no fear.

Now, OTOH, it hurts to get out of bed, it's a struggle to keep myself fit, and I work at getting through every difficult day. I find myself thinking twice before getting on a horse who is, um, potentially explosive or green or naughty, and I hesitate before lifting something heavy, knowing the consequence this will inevitably have on my lower back.

However, I had the cock-eyed optimism (and enough of a foolish dream in my head) to breed my Prelim mare--whose show name was Hope Springs Eternal, nuff said --and the resulting filly is everything I ever hoped for.

When I stand over her shoulder and look through her fuzzy foal ears, I see that they are identical in shape to the ears I looked through for many years on the way to many jumps, only instead of being chestnut, her ears are black. They are her mom's ears.

MY dream is to look through those same ears in 4 years, on my way to a cross country jump with a yellow square under the red flag. And to finish the course, still attached to the horse, with the glee of a teenager. If my back can only hold out for a little while longer...
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

My current goals are to get the Wee Dee Trrr to some recognized shows at novice and maybe move up to training by the end of 2013.

My dreams with horses are always in flux... The one constant, though, is that I'd like to compete at prelim again. If that doesn't scare the crap out of me I'd do a *.
    I always thought I wanted to own a little farm and have my horses at home, but I'm so happy with my current situation it would be hard to leave. I'd love to be able to own and maintain a nice pony for any future kids we may have as well and my niece.

My dreams for my life are pretty simple and constant:
    I want to love my job, but not have it take over my life.

I want to have a house I love.

I want to stay happily married until death do us part.

I want to always have a dog and a horse.
    Proud former owner of a Wee Dee Trrr
    Proud half-owner of a Picasso Pony