The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My dream is to just do another HT. It's been 6 way too long years since I've competed. I planned on doing a HT this summer but work got in the way. I need more time and money!

Ideally I'd like to compete regularly again. I'd like to make it to a training 3 day or perhaps prelim on my mare.

To, hopefully, get to at least Prelim on my current horse before he hits retirement. And then to find his successor that will hopefully inspire me to want to go even farther.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

I would love for my little 15.1 resuce to go Prelim. I think he's got it in him but we're a long way off from that as of now. But as far as longer term/career goals go, I'd love to open my own business training young event horses and bringing them up the levels, and teaching lessons. Ideally, competing at the 4* level is the goal but I truly enjoy training the babies so if I only ever made it to 2*/Advanced I think I would still be happy.
    Blog: http://movingonupeventing.blogspot.com/

Don't believe the hype.

My dream? To work hard now so that one day, I'll have the ability (and finances!) to be able to spend my life with horses.

In terms of more short-term goals, I hope to purchase my next horse within the next year and bring him or her up through the levels, hopefully to at least the * level. Also, I dream about finding a job that affords me the ability to ride at a reasonable hour.

Such similarities in dreams with folks I thought were gods compared to this mere motal.

I actually completed one this last weekend (complete full BN show) so time to adjust

(short term)

• Run BN at Pine Top and be able to place at BN anywhere (oh dressage, why do I enjoy you so much and suck so bad at it )
    • Be able to ride on my own property without feeling like I'm hurting my horse (ground is hard pack right now thanks to little rain and too much sun)
    • School Novice by end of next year.

(Mid Term)

• Qualify and complete at AEC (BN)...yes, I'll make the long trek to Texas for that
    • Compete in the Southern Eights Long Format
    • Move up to Novice

(Long Term)

• Still have my small farm (or slightly bigger/better farm) and horses
    • Compete at Training (Prelim, I think I love it, but have to be honest about commitment to training to get there vs work!!! )

(Anytime)
    Find a job where I can earn money and still be able to play/care for my horses without sacrificing my life.
    Have healthy horses (which I don't have right now with Clover).
    Win the lottery and feel like I can breath again.

I would like to ride a T3D and make it to the 1* level. I would have loved to have gotten to Prelim with my lovely large pony and he definitely has the jumping ability, but I believe injuries and time have gotten the best of us with that dream. We will continue to have fun at Training as long as we can
    "Last time I picked your feet, you broke my toe!"

To go 2* then I can give up riding as its a really good level to achieve. Planning to go Prelim this year with maybe a shout at 1* if it goes really well but I write my goals in concrete and my plans in sand!
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

In 2013, go BN in the spring, maybe N in the fall-and not suck lol.

Big big dream? Maybe AECs? Or to win an event, be it BN or whatever level!
    Team Ginger

In 2013, go BN in the spring, maybe N in the fall-and not suck lol.

Big big dream? Maybe AECs? Or to win an event, be it BN or whatever level!
    Team Ginger

To complete a long format one-star, that is my Olympics. It'll be a while with my greener than green OTTB but I'm working on it.

My big dream is to get my Traditional A in Pony Club, as well as a Dressage A. Competition wise, I'd love to go Prelim. Maybe higher if I have the right horse. Who wouldn't want to ride around Rolex?! Plus I want to do a Training 3-Day.

I dream of a wide open, grassy expanse that I can gallop across without having to trailer to it.
    I already found my dream horse. We completed our first novice horse trials this year. Got the jumping stuff down pat. Just need to polish up the dressage, and there won't be anything we can't do (well, as long as it's below prelim.! I have NO desire to go beyond training level!) I just want to be able to keep having fun and being challenged enough so that I can help my pony show off his potential.
    Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, magic, and power in it ~ Goethe

My dream for the past 7 years has been to complete a CCI* - now I have done that, and won a CNC* (Prelim) class, I guess it is time to re-evaluate my goals??

I am currently taking a break from serious competition and focussing on training my younger horses. The long term goal would be to one day ride at ** level and
    Medium/3rd level dressage. To train my young horses through to their potential.

In the more immediate term, I want to turn my passion for riding and teaching into a job and to work for myself full time. Having a family is also up there too. Writing about horses is another passion of mine - so I guess one day a book or two would be on the to-do list.

Once upon a time my goals would have solely been about riding, but now I can see there's lots of cool things I can do with my life!!

Quote Originally Posted by mugsgame View Post
    I write my goals in concrete and my plans in sand!
    That is one of the most brilliant things I've ever read! I will be quoting this often!

Oh and goals? There are lots on the list but a 2* before I'm 50 takes first place (considering I've only got 4 years and 15 days )
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Well, my username is fairly indicative of my ambitions. However, I have accepted over the years that I do not have the money at this time to launch a serious bid for USET inclusion. Thus, I have redirected my Rio ambitions to Pentathlon. Odds are much better, it is actually cheaper in most respects, and it's a great challenge. I have at least 25 more years to make a USET squad, so I'm not in a hurry. My current riding goals including moving my Intermediate Eventer OTTB up to 3rd Level dressage, getting my Bronze USDF medal, and having the kind of relationship with him that people see us in warm up and say "wow, where does the horse end and rider begin". He's my best friend, my first born, and my whole world. Just petting him in the field every day brings me much joy and being competitive at the upper levels of any discipline is just icing on the cake.
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
    8 hours of straight sleep!!!

Not sure that one will ever happen.

Horses....having a sound one to do SOMETHING with.

Yeah...big big dreams here
    You just got one...don't break it!!!!!!!!!

My dream....got it living it.....My Farm* My horses* My Business*

Quote Originally Posted by judybigredpony View Post
    You just got one...don't break it!!!!!!!!!

My dream....got it living it.....My Farm* My horses* My Business*

Yeah...he's sound....now need to get him to keep his shoes on
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Current Goals:

Move up to Training next season, qualify & go to T3DE
    score under 20 penalties in dressage (gotten close but not close enough!)
    help my horse jump clean consistently in SJ and don't let it psych me out!
    go to AEC's and kick butt!

Dreams:

compete at Intermediate/**. To me it's funny how each horse you have that's successful at a certain level makes me want to push just that extra bit further with the next one I guess that's why we call this the sport of a lifetime!

It's great to read these, keep them coming

To find a barn and start riding/having dedicated horse time again ASAP

To purchase a horse off the track and retrain it

Compete at BN (for starters)
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

For me, it's the big R. (I don't name it out loud, in case it hears me and runs away, lolol. I've also called it the Big Game, or the Big One.) Fair Hill CCI*** too.