The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The old saying is true - "You don't own a cat, they own you!

And as humans, we are apparently easier to train.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyRide View Post
    "Resistance is futile."
    "Women and cats will do whatever they want. Men and dogs should get used to the idea."

1 members found this post helpful.

Every day, it is new drama regarding the cat. Today I get a call at work...Gizzy was eating peanutbutter off Sean's lips. Sean thought it was cute that he was teaching Gizzy to "kiss". This morning took the cake when Sean called his daughter Abby his "skin child" instead of just calling her by her name. This is getting out of hand! All my Facebook friends wait for the evening picture of Sean and Gizzy sharing their evening snack...usually jello or nachos.

I must say, when I got home after my shift tonight, Gizzy was happy to see his mommy. Sean went to bed and the cat is now hanging out with me reading COTH.

Sean's mom pointed out that Gizzy has my hair color and Sean's "fur", so it looks like we create beautiful "babies". Lol
    Boarding for Show, Pleasure, and Retirement horses. www.LockeMeadows.com

How cute! Our Javanese is "my" cat, but really she lives and breathes for hubby. She will wait at the top of the stairs for him to get up in the morning then follow him down and all around the house "chattering" at him. Really annoying at 5am, but totally cute. He sighs like he is so put-upon when she hops in his lap, but when I'm not looking he is totally petting her and making baby kissy faces at her!
    Sorry to see xtranormal is gone
    For funnies, search youtube for horseyninjawarrior!

Www.caringbridge.org/visit/mysecretgarden

...and now there are TWO!! As an early Christmas present, Sean purchased Gizzy's full brother for me. He is just as sweet and Gizmo and is twice as crazy! Sean also had my two-year-old son calling me a crazy cat lady today. Well, if I'm the crazy cat lady, he is the crazy cat man!!

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeMeadows View Post
    ...and now there are TWO!! As an early Christmas present, Sean purchased Gizzy's full brother for me. He is just as sweet and Gizmo and is twice as crazy! Sean also had my two-year-old son calling me a crazy cat lady today. Well, if I'm the crazy cat lady, he is the crazy cat man!!
    Thank him for getting himself an early Christmas present.

Your man is an endearing freak. Still waiting for the photo of the lips-on-lips man/cat action. Like God and Adam on the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel. Just like that.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

5 members found this post helpful.

I just have to say that that cat is ADORABLE!! Love his smushy little face.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

We need more photos!!!

LockeMeadows, I sent this to my mom, sister, aunt and uncle (all HUGE cat lovers in my family); because I knew they'd appreciate it as much as I did (seriously, I laughed like hell).

My mom responded with something along the lines of, "well that's how all men SHOULD treat cats!" And then proceeded to tell me about the latest hijinx of my "brothers and sister," (her 4 cats... Daniel, Gracie, Furley, and Bruce).
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha Drum View Post
    ...But I don't want to sit helmetless on my horse while he lies on the ground kicking a ball around without a bridle while Leatherface does an interpretive dance with his chainsaw around us.

Not sure how or why a love for cats ever came to be seen as as incongruous for men:

"How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven." -- Robert A. Heinlein

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." -- Mark Twain
    If I knew what I were doing, why would I take lessons?

"Things should be as simple as possible,
    but no simpler." - Einstein

Gizmo's full brother...my "other" Christmas present.

http://www.facebook.com/LockeMeadows...type=3&theater

As I'm reading and thoroughly enjoying this thread, my DH is spooning with our Samantha kitty in bed. The only reason the others are out here with me is that they got me up for breakfast. Theirs, not mine. :-)

My husband has never really cared for cats, tolerated them but that is all. This year he began coming to the barn at night to help feed while I cleaned stalls. When he was through with his part he would sit on a hay bale and wait for me.

After a week or so of this he began feeding my barn cat. That led to BobTheCat following him through the stalls as he was feeding the horses waiting on his supper.

Pretty soon Bob was fed first thing and after DH sat down Bob was instantly in his lap. He then started coming to the house and if DH sits on the porch Bob is in his lap. He even takes a nap with him on warm days on the porch swing.

If DH does not make it to the barn Bob is disgusted, you can see it in his eyes. Then as soon as I get in the house I am asked if I fed Bob.

This from a man that does not really like cats.