The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Why thanks - I'll give that a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    *Hint: Use your browser's back button.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sing Mia Song View Post
    Okay, apparently I am not able to see what the rest of y'all can. When I click on Notifications, it takes me to the Settings page and shows my subscribed threads and that's it. I've got 25 notifications and I can't see them. The suspense is killing me!
    Oh, you guys are wooses. I got back on and had 48. I get about 50 to 80 a day, and I must be on hundreds by now. Apparently I get discussion going! It's generally about 2/3rd thumbs up, 1/3 down.

I don't like it, though, because it takes too much time to go back and see what it was, and you have to keep hitting the back button. We need an "ignore" for the notificatiions.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Beentheredonethat View Post
    Oh, you guys are wooses. I got back on and had 48. I get about 50 to 80 a day, and I must be on hundreds by now. Apparently I get discussion going! It's generally about 2/3rd thumbs up, 1/3 down.

I don't like it, though, because it takes too much time to go back and see what it was, and you have to keep hitting the back button. We need an "ignore" for the notificatiions.
    Now, that is a good solution.
    Those that like thumbing can go on using them.
    The rest of us that don't want to make time for them can ignore them.
    I will vote for that thumbing ignore button.

I got a "bad" rating today. Because I quoted someone who was a judge who said "I've judged this class before and I try to just judge the class in front of me and help people to learn to be better connected, don't find it that hard at all you should keep an open mind" etc etc etc

after I quoted them I said "as someone who practices a different discipline, thank you"

I got downrated for saying thank you LMFAO.
    Michael: Seems the people who burned me want me for a job.
    Sam: A job? Does it pay?
    Michael: Nah, it's more of a "we'll kill you if you don't do it" type of thing.
    Sam: Oh. I've never liked those.

Eh. Don't worry about it. I really want an ignore button. That is, unless there's a PRIZE for the most thumbs! I think I would win! I think! Can anyone beat me?

I actually don't know how many I have, but I keep seeing tons every day. I'm sure once OT day goes away, there will be few thumbs.

I think thumbs up is fine, I use it when I agree or when it's funny, a good bit more often than I would have quoted and added +1 or In any case, if I have something to add I'll do so, but the thumbs up just connotes general agreement/amusement.

Thumbs down is a little more useless. If you really disagree, tell me why.

As for the anonymity, well, I would like to know who agrees with me frequently because I could then think of them as a like-minded individual and I would perhaps be more likely to ask their opinion on things. Knowing who is giving me a thumbs down but is too lazy, cowardly, or incoherent to reply would just lead to hard feelings, and we don't need that, so I'm ambivalent about anonymity.

We could definitely use an lol button
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

I think it's a feature to attract kids. It's simply not an adult thing and demeans the level of discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    I think it's a feature to attract kids. It's simply not an adult thing and demeans the level of discourse.
    Did you notice that in many posts on different topics, there is still talk about thumbing?

I don't know if it is an asset or irritant to posting, or just a way to add to the traffic that is irrelevant to what is posted.

Just out of curiousity, don't these long lists of "Notifications" we're all getting re: this "thumbing" nonsense use up a lot of bandwidth? I mean, it's only been going on for a short amount of time & the list seems to be endless. I can't even begin to think how much space these dumb thumbing notifications are going to take up if this is what it's like now.

I mean, maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be any way to delete all those stupid "Good/Bad" postings. I haven't looked at them & don't care, but I can't believe it's not clogging things up & won't be a few months or years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ezduzit View Post
    It's like being "watched" while not knowing when or by whom. On the other hand, I shouldn't take it very seriously if they don't have the courage to stand up and say it to my face.
    I feel this way also.

I got a thumbs down on a post & I have a feeling it was probably from the person I addressed in the post. I had the "courage" to say exactly what I felt about a post of theirs, not by thumbing it down.

But, it doesn't trouble me.

I could do without the feature, but I'm sure some like it. If the board keeps it, I'd like to have a setting where these notifications could be blocked from view in your CP.
    Last edited by rivenoak; Nov. 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added idea
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~