The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse Boarding Near DC

Help! Looking for reasonable board (open to field board) near DC on the Maryland PG/AA county side. Any good suggestions?

Hi,
    I have field board available in Burtonsville. We are about 2 miles off of I-95. It takes me about 25 min to get to dc. We have a grass dressage arena, large sand jumping arena (with lights), 8 acre hacking field, and access to trails. There is a hot/cold wash stall, huge individual tack lockers, roundpen. All horses are fed 2x daily and have unlimited hay. During the warmer months, fields also have plenty of grass. We have an indoor arena being constructed sometime within the next 3 months.
    Field Board is currently $300 (will increse to $325 once indoor is complete). Worming is included in board.
    -Kristie
    410-365-4939
    Happy Hour-TB
    Cowboy Casanova - Brandenburg
    Isadora - Palomino TB

Not too far from the center of the political universe

Kristie runs a wonderful operation. We also take in two field boarders, although both slots and all 15 stalls are filled right now. But if you're looking for something close to Capitol Hill (20 minutes) and Alexandria (15 minutes) we are way south of Burtonsville and just south of Fort Washington, Md. We have 150 x 80 indoor, 220 x 175 outdoor grass ring, 25 acres in pasture, hot/cold water wash stall, unlimited hay, shavings and grain, fed twice daily, round bales in fields, A-circuit trainer offering lessons, across the street from 5,000 acres of trails along the Potomac River. Please pm me if interested.

I think Burrage's End Stables has a stall (or two?) available, wonderful place and great care. It's about ten minutes from the PG Equestrian Center...not sure if it's in Calvert or Anne Arundel Co, but it's NOT in PG!!