The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Trainers in KY

Trying to find a reputable h/j trainer in KY close to Louisville. Preferably someone who does the circuit.

I'm not in the area yet, but I've gotten several good recommendations of Karina Busch in Elizabethtown. http://www.halcyon-hill.com/index.html

I'm hoping to put my mare there. I need to contact her after the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

I currently board at a primarily eventing farm due to the lack of HJ facilities and trainers in the area. I love to ride with Bobby Dreyer of Sun River Farm but otherwise I have very limited experience with other trainers. I know that Rick Fancher has a place in Crestwood too. I know there is a farm called Valley View however I have no personal experience with the farm so can't recommend them.

Interested to hear the responses!
    Last edited by hequestrian; Dec. 22, 2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: ETA rick fancher
    Equestrian At Hart - My Blog - adventures of a big opinionated BWP

Rick Fancher is in Crestwood, which is just outside of Louisville. Bobby is also good, but if you're looking someone to travel the circuit with, Rick is your best bet. He is in FL for the winter, but returns to KY in April. I can give you contact information for either or both, depending on your goals and what you're looking for in a barn.

I highly recommend George and Leslie Governo at Valley View Farm. There are only a couple true hunter/jumper barns in Louisville. I moved here in '95 and it has been quite an adjustment from the area I came from. Lots of trials and errors. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Thanks for mentioning us! We are located in Elizabethtown, KY, so are about 40 minutes south of Louisville, or closer depending on where you live. It is a straight shot down I-65 though, so a very easy drive. Feel free to come by the farm and take a look around. We have been making a lot of exciting developments in the last year, including a 120x240 outdoor, a new boarder heated tack room, horse walker, more pastures and paddocks, etc. We offer pasture and stall board both. We do show extensively on the A circuit at KHP, Brownland, St Louis, etc. We do not, however, travel south for the winter due to work commitments.

Good luck in your search. Let me know if I can be of any help!
    www.Halcyon-Hill.com
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com